As an experienced member of our Software Engineering Group we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation & engineering practices. You will be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
The successful candidate must have:
A university degree; a degree in an engineering or computer science discipline is preferred.
Very strong analytical and problem solving skills, with good decision making abilities.
Very good written and verbal communication skills.
Strong focus on high quality deliverables meeting tight deadlines.
Very strong passion for technology with a strong interest in the latest development best practices and frameworks.
Culturally sensitive in a role that spans regions and time zones.
An agile mindset and a broad skillset - willing to do whatever it take to help the team deliver.
Minimum 10-15 years of continuous J2EE development experience on large/medium sized projects.
Proven experience in building/enhancing business critical systems.
Strong familiarity with design patterns, microservices and object-oriented principles like SOLID.
Following technology experience is must have:
* Very strong fundamentals on Core Java 8 (Lambdas, streams etc.).
* Enterprise scale messaging experience in Kafka/JMS or derived JMS technologies.
* Spring Boot, Spring IOC, Spring Cloud stack and Spring Junits is a must.
* Automated unit testing and mocking frameworks (spock, junit, cucumber etc.).
* Relational database experience (Oracle preferred)
* Working knowledge of continuous integration environment with technologies like Jenkins.
* Experience on Linux environment is a must.
* Following technology experience is strongly desirable
* Experience in a distributed messaging technology like Kafka.
* Working knowledge on Cassandra.
Other non-technical skills:
Banking domain knowledge with a preference for payment systems or treasury products.
Some recent and successful experience in a properly functioning agile team would be extremely advantageous.
* Work independently with very little supervision.
* Work with requirements which may not be available to the last level of detail.
* Come up with proposals for low level technical solutions.
* Produce quality code where code review process is largely reduced to functional issue tracking.
* Work as the technical lead to produce quality solutions.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
It's easy, and free! Add jobs from any website! Get recommendations from your friends! Start by adding this job...