As a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE), you'll help build a meaningful engineering discipline, combining software and systems to develop creative engineering solutions to operations problems. Much of our support and software development focuses on optimizing existing systems, building infrastructure, and reducing work through automation. You'll join a team of curious problem solvers with a diverse set of perspectives who are thinking big and taking risks. In this environment, you'll take the lead on relevant projects, supported by an organization that provides the support and mentorship you need to learn and grow. As an SRE, you'll be focused on running better production applications and systems.
* Design, code, test and deliver software to automatemanual operational work
* Troubleshoot priority incidents, facilitate blameless post-incident evaluations and ensure permanent closure of incidents
* Automate manual operational work by improving products or software
* Engage with development teams throughout the life cycle to help develop software for reliability and scale, ensuring minimal refactoring or changes
* Perform analytics on past data, such as incidents and usage patterns for predicting issues and take proactive steps in support of better service level objectives
* Design self-healing and resiliency patterns
* Design performance tests, identify bottlenecks and opportunities for optimization and capacity demands, and present solutions for continuous improvements
* Design best in class monitoring frameworks to accomplish end-to-end flow monitoring and noiseless alerting
* Design automated software and product upgrades, change management and release management solutions
* Split time between operational work and engineering work
* Coach or manage teams as applicable
* Building the Tech/Business dashboards using visualization tools such as Grafana/Tableau.
* Participate in the 24x7 support coverage including weekend shifts as needed
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience in a software engineering discipline
* Proficient in at least two or more software languages such as Python, Java(Preferred), Go with respect to designing, coding, testing and software delivery
* Proficient in the development of automated tools, systems and services in multiple technology domains
* Proficient knowledge of one or more infrastructure components such as networking, cloud services, orchestration tools, containerization, compute and storage systems
* Proficient in service-level changes to a system and troubleshooting components
* Experience in a production support environment
* Experience with Splunk, Dynatrace or other monitoring tools
* Working knowledge of the Unix/Linux environment
* Design and contribute to performance monitoring and capacity management tools
* Expert practitioner in one or more technology domains, may be a cross-domain expert, able to solve complex and mission critical problems within a business or across the firm
* Excellent debugging and trouble shooting skills
* Expertise in Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
* Proven experience in development/support of REST API interfaces, streaming applications (Spark streaming and Kafka), SQL and No-SQL DBs (specifically with Cassandra or HBase), Spring Boot, distributed caching solutions such as Hazelcast and Gemfire.
* Experience implementing API gateway products like Apigee, CA-Layer 7, Mashery, evaluating open source and vendor products, Experience conducting hands on POCs to prove concepts/products, building distributed systems at Internet scale, migrating applications to internal and external clouds.
* Experience with high volume, mission critical applications, and building upon messaging and or event-driven architectures.
* Experience in engineering solutions for metrics gathering/publishing and event collection/correlation across distributed architectures, automation, monitoring, intelligent alerting, random fault injection (Chaos Engineering), and self-healing
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
It's easy, and free! Add jobs from any website! Get recommendations from your friends! Start by adding this job...