The Chief Technology Office (CTO) for JPMorgan Chase oversees enabling components inclusive of the top quality engineering and architecture tools and practices required to make us a leading technology company. We will drive firm-wide efforts in such critical areas as Cloud Enablement & Adoption, Technology Portfolio Management and Rationalization, Platform and API Strategy, Development Tooling and Practices, Big Data and Machine Learning services, Data Architecture, Reference Architecture, and Technology Data Management. This position is firm-wide in scope and will require significant collaboration, influence, and leadership across all technology organizations that support all lines of business and functional areas (e.g. Risk, Finance, Compliance etc).
The Enterprise Technology Services & Data Management organization in CTO has a specific mandate to improve and transform the data needed to run a Global Technology organization in JP Morgan Chase. We will accomplish this by strengthening governance and quality of the data that is critical to managing our technology assets and operations, and converging onto streamlined applications and data sources that are bound by a common logical data model.
You will be joining a team of software engineers and architects that maintain a constant focus on designing strategic solutions, delivering innovative products on leading edge technologies, and leveraging the scale of the firm to achieve optimal outcomes.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
* Analyze business requirements for the purposes of constructing technical delivery specifications
* Designs, analyzes, develops, reviews, tests, debugs, delivers and supports software
* Demonstrates an understanding of the importance of end to end software development which will include working in Agile frameworks
* Collaborates with fellow team members and keeps the team and other key stakeholders well informed of progress of application business features being developed
* Demonstrates an understanding of DevOps principles around Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
* Mentors less experienced software engineers
* Executes within a client centric environment while working with teams and contributors
* ServiceNow Certified or equivalent experience
* Minimum of 7-8 years of software engineering experience in large-scale IT organization
* Minimum of 7-8 years of experience with Java or Python
* Minimum of 2-3 years of deploying and running applications in public cloud
* Solid communication skills
* Naturally Inquisitive and a continuous learner
* Demonstrated ability to process information from multiple sources to determine course of action
* Lengthy experience working in agile delivery teams
* Demonstrated ability to mentor, coach, and lead more junior software engineers
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
* ServiceNow Certified - Application Developer and System Administrator
* AWS Certified - Developer or Architect
* Deep experience with epics, user stories, Strong ability to evaluate and construct development tasks to deliver on user stories and identify that correctly reflect business needs
* Experience with data manipulation using pandas in python
* Expert proficiency in one or more general purpose programming languages - Java or Python
* Experience with developing micro-services
* Data engineering tools such as Hadoop/Spark, Tensorflow etc. a definite plus
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
It's easy, and free! Add jobs from any website! Get recommendations from your friends! Start by adding this job...