As a member of our Software Engineering Group, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. You'll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
The U.S. Wealth Management business is focused on helping investors achieve their long-term financial goals and is comprised of the Chase Wealth Management, J.P. Morgan Securities and You Invest, our digital investing platform. The combined franchise has ~$400 billion in Assets under Supervision and ~4,000 advisors who work out of 3,500 branches and 21 offices. The business is highly dynamic given the rapid evolution of customer behavior, presenting both challenges in how we evolve to meet customer needs as well as opportunities in how we serve our customers more efficiently and effectively.
You will be working as a Sr. Software Engineer in US Wealth Management -
* Experienced and effective team member who typically is part of a team comprised of software engineers within the Product Development family
* Contributes towards Product software development team with strong technical focus on "building the right thing in the right way" to enable high quality solutions that meet customer's needs.
* Drives strategic initiatives; leverages firm wide best practices to develop solutions.
* Owns activities related to owning features of a Product platform, enhancing & maintenance its systems that which run one of the largest financial organization in the world.
* Responsibilities include help define product roadmap, build components/solutions & partners with key stakeholders to achieve these roadmaps against agile deliveries.
* Well versed with modern practices of agile, collaborative open source development to build scalable, resilient Cloud native solutions native
* Supports the development team to deliver items identified as priority by the Product Owner
* Designs, analyzes, develops, reviews, tests, debugs, delivers and supports software and / or new products
* Engages with technology and business leadership to evolve architectural principles and ensure alignment with technology solutions with these principles
* Provides technical leadership to deliver practical solutions with business value
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* Proven experience managing application development projects and coordinating clearly/concisely with the appropriate groups, i.e. SRE, other application development, etc.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills including technical writing experience
* Proven ability to takes initiative and drive projects to closure and can operate in collaborative, team environment
* Demonstrated ability to be highly organized while multitasking
* Strong relationship building skills with the ability to represent the firm well with stakeholders. Sound conflict resolution & negotiation ability
* Attention to details and understanding of broader context
* Technological, Organizational and/or Operational change management. Partnership & broad Influence at senior levels and across the firm
* Ensures risk controls and compliance to departmental and companywide standards
Necessary Technology or Application Experience:
* Experience with newer application development paradigms Event driven, Micro Services, Scalable & Self-healing systems. Exposure to one of major platform is a must Pivotal Cloud, AWS, Google Cloud and Azure
* Working experience on large-scale applications in an enterprise environment.
* 5+ years of application development, primarily JAVA and open source technologies & 5+ years of cloud based platforms.
* Hands on technologist with proven track record
* Full stack developer (JAVA)
* Minimum 2 - 3 years' experience building, Cloud native applications, versed with CI/CD toolsets
* JDK 8, Spring cloud, Spring boot
* Event/Message driven architectures: KAFKA, Messaging (MQ Series , JMS)
* Database: Cassandra, Oracle or DB2
* BDD/TTD: Cucumber, Selenium, Jasmin/Karma, etc
* GIT/Bitbucket, Maven, Gradle, Jenkins, Hibernate, UNIX ( Solaris / Linux) , Apache Tomcat
* Prefer: Python, ML, UNIX scripting
* Experienced in Agile methodologies
Chase is a leading financial services firm, helping nearly half of America's households and small businesses achieve their financial goals through a broad range of financial products. Our mission is to create engaged, lifelong relationships and put our customers at the heart of everything we do. We also help small businesses, nonprofits and cities grow, delivering solutions to solve all their financial needs.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
It's easy, and free! Add jobs from any website! Get recommendations from your friends! Start by adding this job...