As a member of our application development Group you will dive head-first into creating innovative solutions that advance the business goals. You'll join an inspiring and curious team of technologists dedicated to improving the design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming that goes into creating high quality software and new products. You'll be tasked with keeping the team and other key stakeholders up to speed on the progress of what's being developed. Coming in with an understanding of the importance of end-to-end software development-such as Agile frameworks-is key.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* 8+ years' experience working as an Application Developer.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field or the foreign equivalent.
* Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
* Understanding of architecture and design across all systems
* Working proficiency in developmental toolsets
* Ability to collaborate with high-performing teams and individuals throughout the firm to accomplish common goals
* Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance and software improvement
* Become a valued member of our Agile Team.
* Work closely with the Scrum Master and Application Development Lead to ensure team and organization standards are followed and the team is consistently focused on continuous improvements and sustained delivery.
* Participate in Release and Iteration Planning meetings with the team and other key stakeholders.
* Employ simple design and pragmatic implementation techniques to drive business value.
* Pair program with team members to build high-quality solutions.
* Adopt a quality first mindset with a high emphasis placed on unit testing and BDD/TDD.
* Mentor junior team members to progress their technical and professional skills. Be open and actively seeking learning opportunities from more senior team members.
* Lead mid-size application build efforts within the application development space
* Java - Advanced-level implementation skills with Java and JEE.
* Services - 5+ years of Strong implementation skills in consuming and building highly scalable services using REST/SOAP
* Demonstrated experience with WSDL, XSD, WS-*, XSLT, Security
* SCM - Strong experience working with an SCM tool like GIT.
* Spring - Strong implementation skills with core Spring Framework and including other sub-projects like Spring JMS, Spring Security and Spring Data
* Messaging - Strong integration skills with messaging platforms like MQ using JMS.
* Database - Strong implementation skills with ORM frameworks like Hibernate/JPA
* Maven - Strong experience working with Maven as a build tool including a firm understanding of Maven standards and common practices.
* Application Servers - Broad and deep understanding of multiple application server platforms like Apache Tomcat and Oracle Weblogic.
* Experience with continuous delivery or continuous deployment
* BDD/TDD - Must have practical experience with unit testing with preference given to those with an understanding of Mock Testing Frameworks like EasyMock or Mockito
* Refactoring - Strong understanding of refactoring and how to apply these techniques to build and maintain high-quality solutions.
* Pair Programming - Comfortable pairing with others on both simple and complex problems.
* Experience with CI (using tools like Jenkins) and automated deployment.
* Excellent communication skills in English (both written and spoken forms)
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
It's easy, and free! Add jobs from any website! Get recommendations from your friends! Start by adding this job...