As a senior API engineer, you will be designing our critical banking APIs using data streaming concepts, Kafka and leverage modern API tooling and practices. This is an ambitious agenda and we are looking to hire talented API technologists to contribute to the API vision and set the direction in several areas.
* Work closely with product owner and service delivery team to ensure appropriate business measures are defined when evaluating and testing new versions
* Execute/Implement Proof of Concept with internal customers of the service and provide information as well as be able to influence teams across the organizational boundaries. Good articulation, data visualization, and presentation skills to communicate performance results and SLOs.
* Ability to define performance, resiliency, related design guidance and share with application teams to ensure adherence to application engineering guidelines, processes and procedures - with focus on performance, latency optimizations, and efficient re-architecture or modernization of backend systems
* Define all aspects of Service Level Objective management to gather, analyze telemetry, logs and provide recommendations and remediation for service proactively while ensuring all Service Level Indicators are in line with expectations
* Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle and ensure designs are in compliance with specifications
* Write well designed, testable, efficient code
* Prepare and produce releases of software components
* BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
* Detail oriented individual and has a passion to produce beautifully crafted code
* Proven 7+ years of hands-on Java Development experience
* Proven 3+ years working experience in designing and developing Java based web API products, e.g. REST or SOAP based services
* Proven 3+ years implementing and working with streaming solutions including Kafka as well as stream processing such as Kafka Streams.
* Solid knowledge of Core Java (including v8) features such as virtual machine basics, collections, stream processing, lambda, functional interfaces, multi-threading, etc.
* Solid understanding of design, development, and configuration of APIs in multiple formats such as REST, SOAP, messaging - Kafka, MQ) and policies using API Gateways / Management products.
* Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL and ORM technologies (MyBatis preferred)
* API Testing - unit, functional, performance, capacity, and latency analysis.
* Understanding of Public Key Infrastructure and certificates. The candidate should be familiar with using certificates for message signing and mutual TLS - and how to manage the security aspects around architecture to drive performance improvements and stability
* Hands on experience in designing and developing applications using Java EE stack including JMS, JDBC etc.
* Familiar with Domain Driven Design and various OO design patterns
* Working experience with asynchronous style code
* Experience in CI/CD pipeline
Nice to Have
* Working knowledge of Linux and shell commands
* Experience with APM tools such as AppDynamics, Dynatrace, Splunk or ELK implementation experience (identifying KPIs to track, building dashboards, trending of data to improve performance or reliability)
* Knowledge of AUTHN/Z systems such as LDAP, ADFS, Ping Federate, Axiomatics
* Proficient in another programming language
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
It's easy, and free! Add jobs from any website! Get recommendations from your friends! Start by adding this job...