As a member of our Software Engineering Group, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. You'll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
We are seeking a hands-on Applications Developer to join our Data services team. As an Agile team member, they should participate in all stages of the project lifecycle including: requirements definition, design, implementation and testing of WM Data Services platform (DPS). DPS serves and distributes data to consumers for all our business-critical applications such as client facing external website and various in-house advisor and investor facing tools. They will have to create massively scalable, resilient solutions which have very low operational costs. They will be expected to work with data producers, consumers and other Big Data engineering teams within the firm to agree and implement best practices. They will need to work closely with data providers and data modelers to understand the data and its business criticality. Experience working with highly distributed systems involving data distribution is required.
* Engage with business stakeholders to understand required capabilities, converting business ask into scalable data analytics solutions
* Design and develop logical & Physical data models for the AWM data platforms, comprising relational & non-relational platforms
* Ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of existing, new and emerging solutions that enable and drive new business designs and models
* Develop and maintain standards, and guidelines to ensure that a consistent data solutions framework is applied across the platform
* Work with Application development teams to implement data strategies, build data flows and data models
* Support multiple teams with planning, scoping and creation of the solutions for the new product capabilities, through to continuous delivery to production
* Document data models and maintain related metadata repositories
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* Advanced knowledge of application, data, and infrastructure architecture disciplines
* Understanding of architecture and design across all systems
* Working proficiency in developmental toolsets
* Knowledge of industry-wide technology trends and best practices
* Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals
* Passionate about building an innovative culture
* Proficiency in one or more modern programming languages
* Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance, and software improvement
* Demonstrated experience as an Analytics / Reporting modeler
* Experience with modeling for Hadoop, RedShift, GreenPlum or similar platforms
* Strong SQL skills and hands on experience with JSON
* Experience with migrations from relational to big data implementations
* Work experience in Financial Services industry and knowledge of Financial Instruments and trade life cycles
* Knowledge of architectural design frameworks, integration frameworks, and patterns
* Experience with Metadata Management Tools (Collibra preferred)
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
It's easy, and free! Add jobs from any website! Get recommendations from your friends! Start by adding this job...