As a member of our Software Engineering Group, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. You'll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* Advanced knowledge of application, data and event driven architecture disciplines and Understanding of architecture and design across all systems. BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
* 7+ years experience in two or more of the following areas encourage applying to this role if you have good core experience in at least 2 areas:
* Relational and NoSQL databases; developing and managing operations leveraging key event streaming, messaging and DB services such as Cassandra, MQ/JMS/Kafka, Cloud Pub/Sub, etc.
* Understanding of the Java/J2EE technology stack, web technologies, experience with Unix/Linux, JDBC, relational databases such as DB2, knowledge of queue technologies such as MQ/JMS, demonstrated experience working in Unix/Linux environments and with Relational and NoSQL databases (Oracle, MySQL, Cassandra, MongoDB.
* Strong experience with log analysis and monitoring tools such as SPLUNK, DynaTrace.
* Strong understanding of Java concurrency, concurrency patterns, OOP & SOA principles, Enterprise design patterns, industry best practices, Microservices patterns and architectures, and experience with streaming technologies such as Kafka
* Experience building distributed systems at Internet scale, building messaging event-driven architectures, migrating applications to internal and external clouds, tuning high volume mission critical applications.
Utilize mature programming methodologies and languages and adhere to coding standards, procedures and techniques and documentation.
Participate in project planning sessions with PM, BA and scrum team members to analyze business requirements and outline the proposed IT solution.
Participate in design reviews and provide input to the design recommendations; incorporate security requirements into design.
Experience with Agile development.
Additionally, you will be responsible to document the detailed application specifications
Read and understand business requirements, write functional requirements, develop detailed technical designs, and build / unit / system test application code.
Provide production support for the suite of applications. Participate in Incident Management, Root Cause Analysis and High Risk reviews. Perform hands on triage and break fix (level 3 support), adhoc reporting.
Have an open attitude towards sharing ideas and knowledge.
A proactive approach to problem solving, taking ownership of issues and having the determination to follow things through.
Excellent listening, written and verbal communication skills, including facilitation, presentation and production of documentation appropriate to an audience.
The ability to shift perspective from high level 'Big Picture' to low-level detail.
The ability to present and absorb complex ideas quickly and accurately.
The ability to provide solutions to a tight deadline.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
It's easy, and free! Add jobs from any website! Get recommendations from your friends! Start by adding this job...