Solution Architect Overview
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
CIB has a strong belief that the future of our infrastructure is on cloud. As part of this vision it has already begun building the 'bridge' to access public cloud in addition to a private cloud for specific workflows. Significant engineering challenges remain in 1) driving the architecture of our public cloud and enabling the best possible developer experience allowing teams to focus on building world class financial applications 2) assisting our developers migrate existing to the cloud and build new applications in a cloud native way.
To assist in both these challenges CIB has established a Cloud Engineering function with responsibility for leading these architecture activities in close partnership with the developer community. Within this small organization we require a number of experienced people to be our CIB Cloud Lead Engineers. This is a highly visible role and will lead to significant transformation across the CIB.
The role of the Lead Solution Architect is to represent CIB on ensuring our public and private cloud capability evolves to meets our needs, and working with the developer community on designing applications to leverage cloud and maximize benefits.
Success for this role is defined by a simple criteria: what business value did we enable via cloud adoption, and did we advance the quality/stability/control of our environment and the developer efficiency.
- Represent CIB to ensure cloud capabilities meets our goals
- Be a significant contributor to cloud strategy and reference architecture for JPMC
- Engage with the developer community to understand requirements and drive these to solutions:
o Work with Cloud Services team to ensure private and public cloud offerings meet our needs, including prioritizing and validating new cloud services, technologies and integration patterns
o Work with Security and Control teams to elegantly solve control requirements
o Work with Chief Development Office on Software Delivery Modernisation tools, SDLC automation, and integration with cloud platform
o Work with Production Management to ensure operational mechanisms are in place, with high level of automation, and alignment with DevOps maturity
o Solutions will be a combination of enabling cloud provider reference architectures/capabilities, amending them or designing custom solutions where required
Cloud Adoption Engineering:
- Ensure alignment of cloud adoptions with the value propositions and our capabilities, i.e. are we migrating the right applications/workloads at the right time to maximize benefits
- Work with application lead engineers to solve the problem of how to migrate existing applications to cloud (make cloud friendly), and for new applications how to design them directly onto the cloud
o Balance engineering factors and business value and time horizons
o Work on design with teams and crisply and quickly articulate architecture for other stakeholders
o Identify missing cloud features and any other constraints and work to get them enabled/built
o Design solutions to meet application control requirements
o Assist in designing workflow and developer SDLC/automation to gain the most from cloud
o Support and transfer cloud engineering expertise to developers
- Bachelor/Masters in computer science/computer/electrical engineering/math/physics
- Current development in Java, C++, C#, or Python
- Ability to design, code and deliver production-ready micro services
- Hands-on experience with one of the public clouds: AWS, Google or Azure
- Experience designing automation for security, availability, scalability, and cost transparency
- An aptitude to pick up new subjects like machine learning, analytics, and Blockchain
- Comfortable leading Cloud application design process with senior design authorities, and being able to influence senior level platform owners
- Experience with solution architecture/documenting software architectures
- Understanding of DevOps principles, tools and the intersection with cloud architecture
- Understanding of infrastructure-as-code and SRE principles
- Hands-on, applied and delivery focused
- Finance experience a bonus, however non-finance background with cloud engineering experience is welcomedJPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
It's easy, and free! Add jobs from any website! Get recommendations from your friends! Start by adding this job...