As a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE), you'll help build a meaningful engineering discipline, combining software and systems to develop creative engineering solutions to operations problems. Much of our support and software development focuses on optimizing existing systems, building infrastructure and reducing work through automation. You'll join a team of curious problem solvers with a diverse set of perspectives who are thinking big and taking risks. In this environment, you'll take the lead on relevant projects, supported by an organization that provides the support and mentorship you need to learn and grow. As an SRE, you'll be focused on running better production applications and systems.
* Develop, test, and debug automated tasks (Apps, Systems, Infrastructure)
* Troubleshoot priority incidents, facilitate blameless post-mortems
* Work with development teams throughout the software life cycle ensuring sustainable software releases
* Perform analytics on previous incidents and usage patterns to better predict issues and take proactive actions
* Build and drive adoption for greater self-healing and resiliency patterns
* Lead and participate in performance tests; identify bottlenecks, opportunities for optimization, and capacity demands
* Participate in the 24x7 support coverage as needed
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* Expertise in application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
* Knowledge of architecture, design and business processes
* 5 years experience in Big Data Hadoop environment
* Proficiency in modern programming languages - Python, Java, Perl, Shell Scripting, Spark
* Knowledge of performance, monitoring, Telemetry tools - AppDynamics, Tivoli, etc.
* Experience in managing DevOps practices and toolsets - CI/CD, Jenkins, Puppet, Ansible, etc.
* Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance and software improvement
* Ability to work collaboratively in teams and develop meaningful relationships to achieve common goals
* 3+ years experience as Linux Systems Administrator
* Proficient in multiple infrastructure disciplines and functions
* Proficient in scripting, preferred Perl and Python
* Familiar with one of the configuration management tools (Puppet, CHEF)
* Experienced with Continuous Integration tools like Jenkins
* Experienced with SQL Database
* Experienced in Java application support
* Experience with source control management systems and continuous integron/deployment environments
* Experience with automated testing
* Experience with debugging, performance profiling and optimization
* Comprehensive understanding of object-oriented and service-oriented application development techniques and theories
* Communication Skills - ability to explain/understand relevant issues
* Problem Solving Skills - natural inclination towards problem resolution
* Customer Service Orientation - build positive working relationships with customers at all times providing realistic information and managing their expectations
* Industry Understanding - previous experience of Investment Banking industry preferable
* Teamwork and co-operation - Ability to gel and work in a team oriented environment
* Initiative - ability to think proactively
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
It's easy, and free! Add jobs from any website! Get recommendations from your friends! Start by adding this job...