As a member of our Software Engineering Group, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. You'll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* Work on a scrum team to deliver software solutions by providing the essential benefit to the customers by delivering the simplest solution to the functional requirement
* Work cross-functionally with other team members: other engineers, testers, product owners, designers, Ops, customer support
* Mentor junior engineers, new team members, and apply technical expertise to challenging programming and design problems
* Thrive in a team environment and has strong people communication skills
* Use disparate pieces of information to drive investigation and problem solving. Especially in situations where there may not be very much information available on the problem, you use creativity and teamwork to drive investigation and devise an appropriate fix
Education and experience:
* Five or more years' experience designing, developing, and implementing software solutions, constantly seeking to be an expert. You take pride in self-mastery and knowledge development
* Experience with delivering solutions with private or public Cloud technology
* Experience with Angular.js, typescript, Node.js or Bootstrap.js desired
* Experience as an Agile team member
* Proven track record of planning, designing and implementing code fixes on multiple, unrelated sections of the codebase, and/ or different products altogether
* Experience and know-how with developer and tester practices like CI, ATDD, BDD, TDD, Planning Poker, Refactoring, DevOps, and Continuous Delivery
* Experience with developing and debugging automated test cases
* Demonstrate an understanding of current trends in information technology best practices and standards and how to apply this understanding to work projects and processes
* Must have very good knowledge and understanding of the assigned information technology platform and make recommendations for improvements to the technology
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related quantitative discipline preferred
* Understanding of architecture and design across all systems
* Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals
* Passionate about building an innovative culture
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
It's easy, and free! Add jobs from any website! Get recommendations from your friends! Start by adding this job...