Merchant Services is the global payment processing business for JPMorgan Chase & Co. Merchant Services is the world's leading merchant acquirer with over $1 trillion in annual transaction volume, authorizing transactions in more than 130 currencies, and is a leading provider of payment, fraud and data security for companies large and small.
Merchant Services is investing in a global leadership position in the rapidly evolving payments landscape with an aggressive transformation agenda under the name of Helix. This multi-year, firm-wide strategy will build customer-centric payments solutions for business clients. It's a unique opportunity to build a modern product suite on a cloud-based, API First, big data platform at an enterprise scale. In addition, the agile operating model will co-locate product owners, designers, and engineers to rapidly bring-to-market new product features. As a result, this transformation team will leverage the power of the firm to help clients expand globally with speed, efficiency, and innovation.
To help drive the transformation, JPMorgan Chase is seeking a uniquely talented & proven Senior Solution Owner - Merchant Payments. This entrepreneurial leader will transform the experience for clients to discover, onboard, integrate, & validate their new product.
This candidate will deliver a robust roadmap using their expertise in product management, customer & client experience, business engineering, technical architecture, and agile delivery.
The ideal candidate understands the payments industry landscape (consumers, merchants, acquirers, networks, issuers...), payment types & methods (credit card, debit card, ACH, new alternatives...), design thinking (client journey, UX, moments of truth...), consumer & merchant payment channels (e/m-commerce, POS...), modern technology stacks (cloud, big data, microservices, API's, etc.), and industry business models. Finally, the ideal candidate is a highly-organized and self-motivated leader who designs customer-obsessed products, manages a product release plan, flexibly adapts to internal & market forces, and has superior influencing / relationship management skills.
This position will succeed by shipping experiences that deliver stakeholder results, P&L contribution, OSAT/NPS, product performance KPI, time-to-market, delivery clock-speed, team satisfaction, and partner satisfaction. This role is a Product Owner to lead the design and implementation of credit card acquiring, with focus on core cards (MasterCard and Visa) in the US and then moving on into other types such as card present and markets, including Canada, Australia and the EU.
Helix is born Agile and uses a comprehensive framework of processes and events to direct delivery. That Product Owner is expected to be versed in Agile practices and comfortable constructing and prioritizing epics and user stories for engineers to deliver.
This position will succeed by shipping product that meets and exceeds customer expectations, delivering stakeholder results.
* Manage the product roadmap/pipeline that balances stakeholder inputs and MVP/MMP release outputs
* Partner with 3rd party vendors / alliances to enhance product offering
* Design product platform with APIs, services, and data-driven insights that deliver world class experiences across payments processing with emphasis on funding.
* Work closely with the internal partners to create and maintain a leadership position for JPMorgan payment services when it comes to merchant processing.
* Design a product architecture that reduces time-to-market for new features, simplifies internal/external dependencies, and scales to a global environment
* Prioritize the product backlog based on client demand, business cases, product KPI and strategic business goals
* Identify potential roadblocks and develop recommendations for delivery issues, change requests, pre-release testing, and production issues
* Monitor product performance with reports and dashboards, and periodic stakeholder reviews
* Monitor industry trends to assess the competitive landscape and best practices
* Partner with teams (product, technology, operations, client advocacy, controls) to manage resourcing, controls, readiness, and go-to-market plans
* Be awesome and have fun
* Graduate degree or equivalent practical experience
* Critical thinking skills; demonstrated ability with analytics
* Strong experience with card networks and payment brand rules and regulations,interchange and value added services such as tokenization and 3DS
* Extensive experience in merchant acquiring, with international experience a plus /
* Strong experience in payments product development or platform transformation
* Experience with modern technology stacks, including cloud, big data, microservices, API's, etc.
* Proven track record of managing new product launches / transformations of mission-critical payment platforms
* Proven track record of managing the end-to-end product development lifecycle (PDLC) for complex, large-scale initiatives
* Strong ability to analyze opportunities & problems, recommend solutions, and communicate effectively & confidently (both verbal and written)
* Strong influencing and partnership / skills to drive cross-functional teams
* Ability to productively work in a matrix management organization
* Positive, team-oriented attitude and inspiring skills a must
* Approximately 20% travel can be expected
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
It's easy, and free! Add jobs from any website! Get recommendations from your friends! Start by adding this job...