This position is for a senior Mainframe Database Administrator (MF DBA) as a member of the Database Administration team in the Chase Community Bank (CCB) division at JP Morgan Chase & Co. As a senior MF DBA, you will be responsible for at least:
* Administration, design, implementation and support highly available and scalable Mainframe DB2 and IMS database solutions
* Research and recommend innovative, and where possible, automated approaches for system administration tasks.
* Collaborate with teams to understand their data access needs, recommend data models and create data structures to comply with standards and best practices
* Monitor key performance metrics, measuring the utilization, performance and overall health of the database environments.
* Provide Level 3 on call support for the 24/7 Db2 and IMS database environment
* Taking on such other tasks as may be required to ensure a secure, stable, and compliant environment
* Leading activities such as above
Qualifications for this position include at least:
* Strong written and oral communication capabilities, ability to influence and successfully interface with others.
* Ability to communicate technical information clearly.
* Ability to manage risk appropriately
* Ability to thrive in a team-oriented, fast-paced environment.
* Recent 5+ years of experience administration, configuring, managing, troubleshooting, and recovering Mainframe Db2 and IMS databases in multi-datacenter environments.
* Experience with Db2 and IMS database design, performance tuning, and replication
* Strong understanding of complex inner workings of Db2 and IMS.
* A deep understanding of Db2 and IMS design principals, security and the factors that affect mainframe system performance.
* Technical problem-solving skills
Chase is the U.S. consumer and commercial banking business of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.3 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries We serve more than 50 million consumers and small businesses through more than 5,600 bank branches, 18,700 ATMs, credit cards, mortgage offices and online and mobile banking as well as through relationships with auto dealerships.
Within Chase, Consumer Banking provides great products and an outstanding customer experience at over 5,600 branches and 18,700 ATMs in over 20 states, as well as online and over the phone.
As a Chase employee, you'll be part of a company that makes a real difference every day for our customers, our communities and ourselves. With a focus on customer service, you'll put others first, do what's right and create solutions that make lives better. We invite you to build your career on our strong foundation and help shape what's next - for you and for us.JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
It's easy, and free! Add jobs from any website! Get recommendations from your friends! Start by adding this job...