An Application Development Supervisor leads a group of Information Technology (IT) professionals, and ensures all tasks and activities are being carried out as planned by the management team. They are responsible for supervising the day-to-day activities for the team, and work closely with various levels of IT staff and company management.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Participate in the planning of IT projects.
• Works with business leaders and IT management to determine project priorities.
• Helps guide users in formulating requirements; and on the implications of new or revised computer systems.
• Supervise team: Works closely with management to prioritize and assign tasks to ensure the team’s resources are used effectively and that work schedules and targets are met, including goal planning, if applicable.
• Identify team member development and training needs and ensure training needs are met.
• Involved in personnel activity, such as hiring, mentoring/discipline, time off, terminations, etc
• Provides team member feedback and participates in the performance and goal review processes.
• Ensures team member compliance with company policies and procedures, including but not limited to, Data Integrity, Software Development Methodology, and Project Tracking.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS
• Foster a cooperative and engaging work environment, focusing on teamwork and collaboration.
• Ability to supervise and train staff, including organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
• Conflict resolution and/or mediation skills.
• Ability to assess and maintain quality of programming structure, design, and coding.
• Ability to motivate and set people up to succeed.
SKILLS / EDUCATION / KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE / ABILITIES
• 6 + years of software development experience in an area applicable to O’Reilly.
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• Ability to lead and influence others.
• Exceptional problem-solving skills.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills.
• Willingness to work flexible schedule including nights/weekends.
• Must work well in a team environment .
• Expert knowledge of established programming procedures and programming languages related to their position and technology base.
• Ability to implement and troubleshoot programming changes and modifications.
• Ability to write technical instructions in the use of programs and/or program modifications.
• A bachelors of science in an information systems or computer science related field.
• Advanced experience with department's Java technology stack.
• Education in project management and leadership.
• Advanced experience with JDA or Manhattan software.
It's easy, and free! Add jobs from any website! Get recommendations from your friends! Start by adding this job...