Apples GPU Software organization provides developers access to harness the power of the graphics processing unit. Across iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, Apple TV and Mac product lines, our responsibilities include: tools, frameworks, compilers, display and GPU drivers.
Metals feature support for VR, external GPU rendering, pre-compiled shaders, fine-grained resource control and multithreading to name a few, allow todays cutting edge applications to run on a low overhead software stack with near-direct access to hardware. Beyond graphics, Metal provides GPU accelerated machine learning, and enhanced developer tools to facilitate debugging, optimizing, and deploying applications for existing and new Apple devices.
This team is responsible for developing GPU drivers and compilers for Apple silicon devices, while collaborating closely with hardware teams to establish the future direction of Apple graphics and Metal. An ideal candidate has previous GPU driver or GPU compiler experience and is willing to learn about the others.
- Define GPU compiler software architecture and interfaces
- Implement GPU compiler and driver features
- Integrate the GPU compiler and runtime driver
- Translate generic shader IR to machine specific IR
- Analyze and debug code generation issues
- Validate GPU features for new SoCs during production bring-up
- Analyze and influence future GPU architectures
It's easy, and free! Add jobs from any website! Get recommendations from your friends! Start by adding this job...