The Head of Research and Development position sits within the JPMorgan Chase Commercial Banking line of business and reports into the Head of Product Investment & Strategy. This individual will oversee the buildout and ongoing leadership/management of research and development and innovation accelerator (lab) professionals for the Commercial Bank. This highly visible role requires a visionary and results-driven professional to help identify, design, prove-out and deliver new digital solutions and banking products. This individual will also collaborate with, advise and guide a diverse set of stakeholders across product management, strategy, transformation, technology, sales, client support and finance to identify industry, market segment and client needs.
* Build and lead the Research & Development and Innovation lab teams focused on curating an evergreen pipeline of transformational product investment opportunities and accelerating time to market
* Leverage data science team and primary research to identify and deeply understand emerging external trends and their impacts to our clients and product ecosystems.
* Develop a perspective on the evolution of client needs spanning multiple industries and personas across banking, banking adjacent, and beyond banking solutions.
* Develop theses on emerging opportunities / problem statements, size new addressable markets
* Lead multi-disciplinary innovation accelerator team spanning client research, visual design, data science, emerging technology and product to execute concept sprints, develop prototypes, complete proof of concepts and manage in residence experiments with FinTech partners and practitioners.
* Build investment governance framework spanning org. design and milestone investing / decision making
* Serve as thought leader and trusted advisor on innovation by establishing advisory relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
* Develop and implement R&D, product development and operational goals
* For new solutions, provide executive ownership of the end to end lifecycle, from market research, business case development, design, POC, product launch, analysis of performance and continuous improvement
* Build culture of innovation with eye towards inculcating across the business
* Build a high performance, multi-disciplinary team with diverse backgrounds
* 10+ years in R&D, strategy or product development leadership roles responsible for driving and implementing revenue growth with a focus on banking solutions and products
* Visionary professional with proven leadership expertise, an understanding of how innovation is transforming commercial banking and first-hand knowledge of how to nurture organizational change
* Experience and success bringing net-new products to market in an organizational environment that is large, complex, cross functional and ever-evolving
* Successful track record of growing revenue through the rapid identification, prototyping, user testing and development of new financial services products
* Ability to interact with colleagues at all levels, especially senior executives
* Works through influence across functional boundaries to achieve goals sometimes without direct control of resources
* Strong relationship building within the organization, and with external thought leaders and organizations
* Visionary leadership style with hands-on approach
* Passion for building something new and working across boundaries to drive meaningful change while helping others succeed
* Degree in Business Administration, Management, Marketing, Computer Science or engineering field is preferred
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
It's easy, and free! Add jobs from any website! Get recommendations from your friends! Start by adding this job...