Working in Application Support means you'll use both creative and critical thinking skills to maintain application systems that are crucial to the daily operations of the firm. You'll work collaboratively in teams on a wide range of projects based on your primary area of focus: design or programming. While learning to fix application and data issues as they arise, you'll also gain exposure to software development, testing, deployment, maintenance, and improvement, in addition to production lifecycle methodologies and risk guidelines. Finally, you'll have the opportunity to develop professionally -and to grow your career in any direction you choose.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience in a relevant technical field.
* Proficiency in one or more modern, relevant languages (e.g. Python, Java, Go).
* Understanding of the SDLC process and Agile methodologies.
* Expertise in application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines a plus.
* Relevant experience with one or more infrastructure components such as networking, cloud services, orchestration tools, containerization, compute and storage systems, etc.
* Hands-on experience with cloud deployment, monitoring, and ops analysis tools such as Kubernetes, Prometheus, Elasticsearch, Grafana, Kibana, Splunk, DynaTrace is a big plus
* 5+ years of Software Engineering experience or related
+ Abinitio (ETL Tool), Python scripting or Hadoop - Spark, Scala Knowledge of HIVE, Impala
+ Oracle (v9i/10/11 )SQLPL/SQL Stored Procedures support/development
+ UNIX file management & administration and good shell scripting experience
+ ClearCase version control software
+ Autosys/Control-M scheduling package
+ Strong knowledge and experience across multiple platforms, including Cloud architecture
+ Knowledge/experience in Hadoop environment administration, release deployments to HBase, supervising Hadoop jobs, performing cluster coordination services will be preferable
+ Knowledge of Cloud (private cloud, public cloud etc) working experience of cloud environments like AWS is a plus
+ Familiarity with Control M and AutoSys job scheduler
+ Knowledge of GIT, BitBucket, Jenkins, SONAR, SPLUNK, Maven, AIM and Continuous Delivery tools.
+ Excellent communication skills, both written and oral appropriately scaled for technical or business audience
* Strong analysis, research, investigation and evaluation skills, with a structured approach to problem solving
* Ability to work and effectively prioritize in a highly dynamic work environment that includes a global focus
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
It's easy, and free! Add jobs from any website! Get recommendations from your friends! Start by adding this job...