The Manager, Product & Technology is responsible for building and leading a high-performing team of Product Managers and Software Engineers who design, build, test, and operate customer account management applications for T-Mobile Customer Care experts. The team will consist of 8-10 employees responsible for the application UI and services, operating within Agile methodologies and with a focus on DevOps. The manager must effectively bridge people leadership, technology leadership, project delivery, and administrative functions. The manager will be directly accountable for developing strong and productive relationships outside their immediate team with partner teams in Product & Technology and with Customer Care leaders.
Responsibilities: Strategy, Vision, and Analysis
• Works in collaboration with Sr Manager and/or Director to develop strategy, plan, goals (outcomes) for their scope of business. Collaboration should extend to customer teams and groups, as well as close working teams within P&T.
• Supports Product Team with enterprise process to secure and maintain product funding. Works to resolve any blockers or issues with product funding.
• Designs and develops methods and tools to measure team performance striking a balance between customer or technology based innovation, quality, speed to market, Agile team velocity, cost.
• Provides review and guidance to Product Management team on product vision, strategy, roadmap for product(s) or group of products, methods and frequency of customer research and feedback, ROI analysis/funding, including identification and remediation of possible gaps.
• Regularly cascades to direct reports Vision, Strategy, and goal based communications from executive and direct leadership.
• Develops change management and communications plans, and executes or drives execution connected with internal change initiatives originated by direct leadership or P&T leadership.
• Participates in organizational design thinking/strategy to best structure the team and leverage resources. This includes periodic review of current and anticipated staffing capacity.
• Develops and maintains culture, process, and consistent action for continuous improvement across Agile teams.
• Supports learning and adoption of Lean principles and processes within Product Management team.
Business & Technical Execution
• Regularly provides review and guidance to team on execution related responsibilities. This includes:
Participation in Big Room (Program Increment) planning, and other major Agile sessions and ceremonies.
Customer reviews and demos.
Customer and Leadership level communications.
• Fosters strong working relationships with delivery teams outside of reporting vertical
• Fields and responds or forwards customer or Leadership escalations, as appropriate.
Leadership, Coaching, and Relationships
• Creates clear and measurable goals for team aligned to company, department, functional area objectives.
• Supports 10 persons in direct reporting relationship.
• Fosters a culture within the team that embodies Trust and Respect, Ownership and Excellence, Inclusivity and Collaboration, Innovation and Creativity
• Conducts regular 1:1's with direct reports to coach and provide feedback.
• Regularly observes and creates opportunities to observe direct reports and note positive, as well as constructive feedback. Shares and reviews feedback with their direct reports in a timely manner.
• Develops formal and informal performance reviews in accordance with company or P&T driven timelines. Ensures proper, fair, calibrated, timely completion of formal performance review.
• Develops or contributes to creation of development plans for each direct report and performs an active role in completion of actions noted in those development plans.
• Creates, communicates, and monitors formal performance improvement plan (PIP) when necessary and appropriate.
• Provides regular, timely coaching lateral (peer) and upward feedback. Fosters culture in team to enable regular, timely, constructive upward feedback.
• Hire, manage, and develop a team of high performing individual contributors.
It's easy, and free! Add jobs from any website! Get recommendations from your friends! Start by adding this job...