As an experienced member of our Software Engineering Group we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation & engineering practices. You will be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
Spread Market Modeling Platform team is building a strategic Big Data platform to consolidate all historical instrument and reference data for SPG Quantitative Researchers to construct models in Athena. We are looking for a platform lead who have experience within Fixed Income, Hadoop and Impala as well as relational databases. Ideal candidates should have worked with very large data set in Hadoop ( 10 TB+) and are experienced in optimizing the updates and retrieval in Hadoop / HDFS / Cloudera. Excellent skills in Python are required.
The role offers the opportunity to learn about MBS and SPG products, all major financial data vendors and to participate in projects covering data modeling, visualization, Big Data architecture and application.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* Expertise in application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
* Advanced knowledge of architecture, design across all systems
* Work on building high-performing, scalable, enterprise-grade applications.
* Proficiency in multiple modern programming languages
* Knowledge of industry wide technology trends and best practices
* Keen understanding of financial control and budget management
* Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals, and passionate about building an innovative culture
* 5+ years of Hadoop / Spark / HDFS / Impala
* 7+ years of Python programming
* 10+ years of Relational Databases and SQL language
* 7+ years of Fixed Income/Securitized Products Front office experience
* 7+ years of experience working with Securitized Products data vendors like Intex, Bloomberg, eMBS, Trepp etc.
* Experience with Intex API
* Experinece with pySpark
* Excellent team-working skills, efficient at multi-tasking and be able to work under pressure to deliver multiple business demands on-time, to a high-level standard
* Good interpersonal and communication skills.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
It's easy, and free! Add jobs from any website! Get recommendations from your friends! Start by adding this job...