JPMorgan Chase (JPMC) is a leading global financial services firm and the largest bank in the United States with total assets of $2.687 trillion. With an annual tech budget of $10B+, we has started significantly investing and building in the next generation core infrastructure, Cloud, Big Data and AI/ML technology. Our goal is to accelerate the delivery and adoption of the Global Technology Vision - and enable the firm's Global Technology teams to deliver faster and more impactful for customers and clients.
We are seeking a Senior Cloud software engineer to help the JPMC Cloud SRE team to build cloud automation, monitoring and dashboards in the public cloud. In this role, you'll be working with cloud and application engineers to build the platform, pipeline, monitoring and dash-boarding systems to ensure the products are designed to take advantage of JPMC's global cloud solution.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* Deep understanding of SRE philosophy, technologies, platforms and tools, SLA management, incident resolution, and automation
* Mastery of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
* Command of architecture, design and business processes Keen understanding of financial control and budget management
* Expertise in working in partnership with colleagues throughout the firm, and in leading collaborative teams to achieve common goals
* Hands on experience on managing operations of large-scale internet-centric production environments for application or infrastructure services serving tens to millions of end users.
* Prior experience in large scale internet companies/technologies, where uptime and continuous availability was core to the business.
* Work with Architecture to design reusable patterns to deploy to applications, provide governance around adoption, and influence application development teams on roadmaps and designs.
* Identify and partner with Infrastructure teams and AD teams to implement automation opportunities to drive down toil and reduce technical debt.
* Apply standards of cloud compliance to application design to achieve reliability
* Understanding of Networking and cloud technologies, for example Security, Load Balancing, Network routing protocols.
* Implement SRE frameworks to support global multi-cloud environments, and ensure the highest level of SLA through operational excellence
* Have a hands-on developer mind set to deliver superior best in class cloud monitoring and dash boarding solutions for the firm
* Helps build live/ real-time and highly performing dashboards for the Central SRE team
* Helps on coaching and mentoring less experienced team members.
* Provides support to drive the maturity of the software development lifecycle
* Provides quality control of engineering deliverables
* Provides technical consultation to product management
* Performs deployment, administration, management, configuration, testing, and integration tasks related to enterprise scale web platforms in cloud environment
* Provides support to develop & improve the quality of technical engineering documentation
* Champion a DevOps model so that services are automated and elastic across all platforms
* Writes operation documentation and knowledge base of known issues with solutions
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent technical field
* Minimum of eight (8) year's of application development experience in one of the following languages: Python, Java and/or SQL
* Minimum of eight (8) years' experience in application development Software frameworks like Spring Boot, Python Flask
* Minimum of two (2) years of experience with Enterprise Cloud i.e. AWS, Azure, ,and GCP in a mission critical environment
* Experience managing a team of two to five software engineers
* AWS experience and certification is highly desirable
* Experience building dashboards using tools like Tableau, Qlik sense
* Hand-on experience with cloud-based technologies and tools especially in deployment, monitoring and operations, such as Prometheus, Splunk, Elasticsearch, Grafana, Kibana
* Strong working knowledge of modern development technologies and tools such Agile, CI/CD, Git, Terraform and Jenkins.
* Deep knowledge of Internet protocols and web services technologies such as HTTP, JSON and REST
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
It's easy, and free! Add jobs from any website! Get recommendations from your friends! Start by adding this job...