YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you're passionate about.
What's Important to You Is Important to Us
We're looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them-friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission-making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don't take our word for it.
Lending Analytics is seeking to hire three experienced, curious, and driven analysts to join various teams within the Lending Analytics department. While each role has different focus areas, in each you will perform data discovery, financial analyses, and modeling that transforms, supports, or informs various areas of Lending. The job The three positions are within different teams embedded in the Lending Analytics department:
• Business Intelligence & Data Science [Focus: big data, Tableau, Hadoop, Power BI, reporting, data discovery, business analysis]
• Credit Risk & Decision Science [Focus: risk & profitability management, SAS, R, simulation, optimization, product pricing, business analysis]
• Quantitative Modeling [Focus: statistical model development, R, SAS, Hadoop, budgeting & loss provisioning, business analysis]
Please specify any team or teams of interest in the cover letter or resume
What It Takes to Succeed in Lending Analytics
A Typical Day Might Include
• Full project ownership including: initial problem definition, communication with stakeholders, determine analysis plan, conduct analysis, measure impact of recommendation, and present findings to a diverse audience
• Leading junior analysts on complex projects, establishing expectations and ensuring accountability
• Identifying and own challenging problems, form testable hypotheses, and drive significant business impact
• Nimble problem solving and willingness to do "whatever it takes" to deliver business value quickly
• Collaboration and leading working sessions with dynamic, cross-functional teams to develop transformational solutions
What it takes to Succeed
• A demonstrated capability for original research, curiosity to uncover promising solutions to new problems, persistence to carry ideas through to fruition, and a growth or learning mindset to continue to learn and expand
• Willingness to roll up sleeves and dig into challenging analytical problems and leverage resources to develop break through solutions
• Experience in data wrangling, statistics, modeling, machine learning, forecasting, and cost benefit analysis
• Experience with at least two analytical tools leveraged in the individual teams
• Organizational skills and the ability to multi-task by prioritizing assignments and working independently to ensure work is completed on scheduled
• Courageous communication to pitch the new idea, embrace difficult conversations, say "I don't know, but will find out"
• Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or a related quantitative field. Advanced degree preferred in Data Analytics or Science, Computer Science, Statistics or related field
• Minimum 3 or more years of experience developing analytical or statistical solutions using appropriate tools
• Lending product knowledge and experience in at least one product area
Team Specific Requirements:
Business Intelligence & Data Science
• Assessing data flow processes and identifying areas for further automation and optimization
• Performing data profiling and data blending by combining data from multiple data sources using SQL, SAS, SPSS, JMP, R, Python, Tableau or Power BI
• Developing accurate and insightful visualizations for dashboards
• Preparing data, reports, agenda and themes for strategic risk management (SRM) presentations
• Creative mind and eye for design with prior UX/UI experience and knowledge of reporting and dashboard best practices and visualization standards
• Knowledge of data transformation, modeling and/or ETL tools such as SAS, SPSS, JMP, R, Python, Tableau Prep or Alteryx
Credit Risk & Decision Science
• Hands-on experience with statistical software/programming languages (e.g., SAS, R, Python, SQL)
• Strong working knowledge of modeling techniques such as linear regression, decision trees, logistic regression, optimization, and other machine learning methods
• Proficient data wrangler with demonstrated experience aggregating data from various sources
• Demonstrated experience developing analytical solutions that directly align with the objectives of business stakeholders
• Effective at communicating findings and recommendations clearly and concisely to a technical and non-technical audience
• Strong project management skills with the ability to manage multiple assignments effectively
• Genuine interest in financial modeling and credit risk analysis
• Experience with big data technologies such as Spark and Hadoop is a plus
• Strong knowledge of a least 2 statistical methods such as survival modeling, linear and logistic regression, time-series forecasting, Monte Carlo Simulation, etc.
• Advanced skill in using statistical or analytical tools such as R, SAS, Hadoop, Python, Tableau, etc.
• Experience in building and maintaining financial models, and performing comparative financial modeling using pertinent industry analysis and assumptions
• Serve as thought leader to guide analyses and discussions regarding budget planning, stress testing and loss provisioning (ALLL, CECL)
• Strong verbal and written communication to facilitate presentation of model findings and development of written technical model documentation
Hours:Monday - Friday 8:00AM - 4:30PM
Location: 820 Follin LAne, Vienna, VA. 22180
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.
It's easy, and free! Add jobs from any website! Get recommendations from your friends! Start by adding this job...