Information Architecture and Data Management continues to be a critical element to delivering on our business objectives and it's something that is required in order to support the reduction of costs, lowering risk, increasing performance and enabling the transparency of business performance and client satisfaction. There are a number of associated objectives required of our Information Architecture and Data Management function.
The Information Architect (IA), will work as part of the CB Information Architecture and Information Engineering federated team to achieve a number of strategic objectives to negotiate, agree and deliver artefacts such as the Business Entity Model, State Model, Controlled Vocabulary and Communication Contracts and govern their implementation and traceability from Logical and Physical schemas as part of a Model Engineering processes.
The Information Architect will be considered the Subject Matter Expert on Data and Information Architecture and Management working closely and collaboratively with business subject matter experts and project development teams, ensuring that the design is implementable and that delivery is consistent with the agreed design.
The Information Architect will also work with the JPMC firm-wide, Chief Data Office (CDO), CB and LOB core architecture teams on standards, tooling and production of standard on-going Information Architecture deliverables such as Data Lineage, Lifecycle Management, Quality Monitoring and Metadata Management.
Engaging with Business Operations, Product Management and Technology groups across the firm, the IA ensures that business requirements are translated into fit-for-purpose data requirements and that accurate traceability and lineage is both defined and documented. The IA will work with Business, Application and Technology Architects to review (and where necessary contribute to) business drivers, needs and strategies whilst assessing the implications and impact to the Data and Information Architecture. The IA will be considered a key trusted advisor on options, risks, and cost versus benefits and will communicate business data prioritization decisions to the relevant technology organizations.
The Information Architect will be able to engage confidently across all organizational levels management, evangelizing the benefits and importance of Information Architecture and Data Management. They will also be able to interchange between operating independently and in conjunction with other team members as required, whilst working on a number of assignments simultaneously.
Experience & Knowledge Essential
* Strong experience of several major technology implementation projects, ideally with a strong data orientation all the way from data sourcing and management to remediation at the end of data lifecycle.
* Knowledge of various Data Architecture patterns including ODS, Data Lake, Data Warehousing, OLTP, Data Vault and OLAP.
* Strong working knowledge and experience of Data Modelling and Meta-modelling (preferably with Erwin/UML) and the principles and working practices of Model Driven Development (MDA).
* Experience with the development of meta-languages and knowledge of existing metadata management standards such as OMG MOF, ISO 11170 and Eclipse JCORE.
* Software Engineering experience across the SDLC and some practical experience of programming languages such as Java, Python and Scala and Data Communication Formats such as XML, JSON, Google Protocol Buffers, Avro and RDF.
* Experience of identifying and architecting alternative data integration patterns to support the requirements.
* Knowledge and experience of the Software Engineering Methodologies
* Knowledge of core Information Architecture capabilities, including Master and Reference Data Management, Data Quality (DQ), Metadata Management, Data Classification, Taxonomy, Data Integration, Data Migration and Data Modelling
* Experience in creating, contributing to and reviewing Architecture and Development artefacts such as Technical Specifications,
* Ability to collaborate with business teams in order to understand, translate, review and playback requirements into Logical Data Models, Interface Specifications, Taxonomies and Controlled Vocabularies
* Understand development methodologies particularly in a lean/agile environment.
* Knowledge of Financial Services particularly Investment Banking and Corporate Banking.
* TOGAF and/or DAMA certification
* Versioning Control Systems and Version and Change Management particularly in the context of Model and Taxonomy Management.
* Familiar or close partnering with Business Data Management and Chief Data Office functions for the specification and management of Controlled Vocabularies, Business Information Models, Coarse-grain Lineage and Provenance and Authority of Data Sourcing.
* Construction of grammars, parsers and lexers for the expression of meta-languages and the construction and execution of implementation agnostic of rules
* Agile Architecture and the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
* Continuous Integration & Testing (CIT) environments
* Automated Build and Release environments
* Design for Change approaches i.e. designing non-breaking solutions to continually evolving requirements
* Database Management Technology Standards, such as SQL, DBMS Partitioning, Index Creation, Physical Data Models, RDF, SPARQL
* Construction of Domain Specific Languages and mapping into Target Specific Languages
* Ability to identify software implementation patterns common across multiple programing languages and technology stacks
* Abstraction and generalization of solutions into design patterns
* Ability to envisage and compare potential solutions prior to implementation
* Effective communication and facilitation with Business & Technology stakeholders to translate requirements into software that represent progress towards a target state of best engineering practice, simplification and standardization
* Ability to unambiguously communicate through multiple channels such as Presentations, Word Documents , Workshops and Agile Development Meetings
* Collaborate with the business technical teams, exchanging and transferring technical knowledge, developing and evolving standards, guidelines, etc.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
It's easy, and free! Add jobs from any website! Get recommendations from your friends! Start by adding this job...