Roles and Responsibilities
* As a member of our Business Analysis team, you'll play a crucial role in identifying, improving, and developing technology solutions that drive our strategic goals. This is a tremendous opportunity to learn about high-priority initiatives and collaborate with colleagues throughout the firm. Working at the intersection of business and technology, you'll sharpen your understanding of business processes and data analysis, while continuing to develop your leadership, management, and communication skills. No matter where your career ultimately takes you, you'll make a meaningful impact and lasting connections with outstanding colleagues and mentors.
The analyst will execute changes and/or enhancements across multiple systems, technology platforms and business processes to support projects, enterprise-wide changes and ongoing maintenance for Card and Consumer Banking collections and recovery strategies. In this capacity, the analyst will be expected to:
* Work closely with business partners, product owners, stakeholders and cross-functional development teams to document, refine and review business requirements supporting collections and recovery strategies and treatments
* Translate business needs into effective and high-quality technology solutions through independent analysis and design and by providing recommendations and alternative solutions to our clients
* Document clear functional specifications, unit test and implementation plans
* Understand business requirements/epics
* Create Jira stories from business requirements.
* Create test cases, Perform system testing and update test results
* Support testing and post-implementation validation of desired system changes
* Support User Acceptance Testing (UAT) efforts to independently validate the changes and support defect-free implementation of the changes to production environment. Analyst will be required to review and contribute to the test plan to ensure the correct items are tested, monitor testing progress and review results prior to implementation.
* Help maintain process management documents and tools owned by the functional group
* Analyze strategies to continuously improve efficiency, accuracy and speed-to-market
* Analyze strategy development processes to identify where controls are needed and in turn design appropriate controls to yield a higher quality product.
Minimum education and experience required:
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* A strong understanding of at least one business function in the firm, as well as a broader understanding of other areas.
* Proficiency in business applications, data usage, and management
* Ability to liaison between lines of business and the development team, while working with a wide range of stakeholders and collaborating with your team.
* Ability to work collaboratively in teams and develop meaningful relationships to achieve common goals.
* Bachelor's degree preferred in one of the following areas - Engineering, Quality Management, Process Management, Production & Operations Management, Business Systems Analysis, Business Management, Statistics, Economics or MIS
* Familiarity with business requirements management and software development methodologies
* Proficiency with SQL, Oracle, SAS or another programming language.
* Atleast 6 years of software experience.
* Strong attention to detail and analytical skills
* Willingness and ability to learn quickly and apply the knowledge learned on a continuous basis
* Proven ability to root cause problems, offer alternatives and partner with peers to influence solutions
* Highly organized and driven individual, inquisitive to drive self-learning of business and technical processes
* Effective verbal and written communication, problem solving and analytical skills
* MS Office skills (Word, Excel, SharePoint)
* Prior experience with Agile/Scrum development practices and JIRA tool usage
Preferred skills or knowledge:
* Previous collections or credit card industry experience
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
It's easy, and free! Add jobs from any website! Get recommendations from your friends! Start by adding this job...