As a member of our Software Engineering Group, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. You'll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
SAS Administrator and UNIX Developer will be a hands-on technical developer willing to support the businesses interface to the SAS environment. The candidate will be responsible to support migration and creation of new applications into the organization. The resource will need to foster a discipline for the administration, development, testing and releases of platform functions in support of various Operations, Risk, Marketing, Finance and other business processes. The candidate must exhibit a thorough understanding of application development and SDLC, distributed processing and automation across both SAS administration and shell scripting. The candidate must have a solid understanding of data systems, SAS environments and processes that are necessary for the SAS Platform management. The individual must be a Development applied technologist to develop a business engagement to support SAS functions.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* Advanced knowledge of application, data, and infrastructure architecture disciplines
* Understanding of architecture and design across all systems
* Working proficiency in developmental toolsets
* Knowledge of industry-wide technology trends and best practices
* Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals
* Passionate about building an innovative culture
* Minimum of two (3) years of experience with UNIX scripting commands such as Java, bash, ksh and Perl.
* Minimum of two (2) years of experience developing detailed process workflows with automation.
* Minimum of one (1) year of experience within AIX or LINUX infrastructure with GPFS, S3 and NAS storage.
* Familiar with SAS Systems Administration and UNIX/Linux administration
* Experience administering SAS 9.4M# and/or Viya, Enterprise Miner, SAS Studio.
* Knowledge of working in an environment with multiple metadata servers, in a complex architecture.
* Ability to perform SAS installations, upgrades and hotfixes.
* Prior involvement working with SAS connectivity to multiple data environments (e.g. Oracle, SQL, Hadoop, etc.)
* Experience with SAS Visual Analytics within a distributed Teradata appliance is a plus.
* Working with Control-M and AutoSys schedulers is a plus
* Demonstrated skills working with end users from a teaching/guidance perspective.
* Provide operational leadership and support to SAS end user teams, in addition to business applications, onboarding, troubleshooting, and issue resolution.
* Oversee business-critical tasks including: change management, incident management, user management, security access and controls, work order management, application and business data recovery, and disaster recovery.
* Develop and document processes, detailing user and developer functions and accountabilities.
* Identify opportunities for improvement and increased efficiency using department metrics.
* Propose and integrate new automation functions for SAS operations.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
It's easy, and free! Add jobs from any website! Get recommendations from your friends! Start by adding this job...