Global Technology Infrastructure (GTI) Gaia Analytics is JP Morgan Chase's high-performance grid computing infrastructure.
It executes compute-intensive tasks in parallel across thousands of server shared between dozens of applications.
The Software Engineer role is responsible for development and maintenance of the JPMC's grid middleware software stack,
focusing on workload scheduling and distribution, data management and caching, language bindings, shared services,
deployment and diagnostic tools.
Additional duties involve participation in the architectural analysis and feasibility studies for newly on-boarding applications,
consulting customers on grid computing techniques and best practices.
This is a highly technical role which requires very good distributed programming expertise with a strong emphasis on parallel
programming and established vendor and open source distributed middleware. Ability to learn new technologies quickly in a
self-driven manner is critical.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* 10+ years' experience implementing Red Hat Linux servers
* Proficient in tools like unix scripting, Ansible, Puppet and other DevOps tools
* Understanding cloud, virtualization, container platforms such as Docker and Kubernetes.
* Software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages: Golang, Python, Java, C/C++, PERL, PHP, J2EE etc
* Experience with agile and lean philosophies
* Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills with clear communication
* Ability to debug and optimize systems and automate routine tasks.
* Ability to adapt to a dynamic work environment with constantly changing priorities.
* Ability to collaborate with different roles to achieve common goals
* Passionate about building an innovative culture
* IBM Spectrum Scale, IBM Spectrum Symphony and Conductor
* SRE mindset Culture/Approaches: To run better production systems by creating engineering solutions to operational
* Experience of NAS and SAN infrastructure and component
* Experience with system performance monitoring and operational capacity management
* Experience in system security - e.g. working through jumphosts, securing Unix systems for un-trusted networks, etc.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
It's easy, and free! Add jobs from any website! Get recommendations from your friends! Start by adding this job...