We are responsible for a critical surface area and need to continually raise the bar on system and developer efficiency. With a vision to productize service oriented architecture for a variety of middleware applications, we are looking for outstanding engineer-architects who can bring their distributed systems experience.
- Creating control and data planes in the serverless space, interoperable service runtimes that can scale elastically. This includes among other things creating and using:
- Services, frameworks, libraries, and tools
- Infrastructure-building blocks for applications such as frontend and middleware frameworks, distributed messaging, and app observability
- Service Lifecycle Management, process supervision model
- Development and deployment processes, engineering best practices
You'll be responsible for working collaboratively with teams within the digital platforms engineering group and other application and vertical teams to:
- develop distributed compute clustering framework to scale out in a serverless fashion
- develop service-oriented architecture which translates to tooling and runtimes for control and management plane of the serverless plane
- tuning distributed system's performance by identifying and eliminating bottlenecks wherever they exist in the stack
- building turnkey features into the platform to provide a batteries included approach
- evangelizing software development best practices and guidelines for engineers via brown bags and talks
- helping with ideating concepts, handling escalations from platform perspective
- working with product and engineering management to help create platform roadmap
You're a collaborative and hands-on engineer with an architect mindset and have:
- BS/MS with 14+ years of industry experience
- 6+ years of experience on developing service oriented architecture and components
- Hands on experience developing service clustering
- Experience building service-oriented architecture using Kubernetes / KNative is a big plus- Data structures, algorithms, multithreading, operating system internals
- Strong work ethic and working with teams in multiple timezones
- Compassion and maniacal focus on developer experienceJPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
It's easy, and free! Add jobs from any website! Get recommendations from your friends! Start by adding this job...