Drawing from agile methodologies, our developers join product-aligned teams in developing features for projects over fixed timelines. Guiding their process and leading technical decisions, we shape the products created from the ground up to make use of the best fit technologies. This promotes code reuse while ensuring the prioritization of the features most valuable for our clients.
Our software deliveries are frequent, and the team members are expected to be multi-disciplined and flexible in their approach, working in all areas of the solution space. Candidates will have a hands on role building J.P. Morgan owned open-source software including Perspective, which is an interactive data visualization component designed and developed to make it simple to build real-time and user configurable analytics entirely in the browser.
We hone our approach and tools through building greenfield UI applications to the delight of our clients firm wide.
Skills & Experience
The successful candidate should possess technical skills in the following:
Should be fully knowledgeable of
* HTML 5 / CSS 3
* ECMAScript 5, 6 & 7
* Browser support, HTML5 compatibility
* Prototypes, classes, scopes
* BOM, DOM, Virtual/Shadow DOM
Highly beneficial to have working experience with
* Advanced React design patterns, Redux / MobX, Node JS (server side and tooling)
* Python: Flask, Tornado
* Web Components
* Webpack, Browserify, Rollup, Babel
* CSS in JS
* Data Visualisation (D3, HighCharts)
* Data Grid Technologies
* Memory/CPU profiling
* Templating and data binding
* Mocha, Chai, Jasmine, Karma, Jest, Enzyme
* Web accessibility (American Disability Act)
Highly beneficial to have an understanding of
* Best in class UI Components
* Future ECMAScript versions (8 & 9)
* Test Automation
* Working in a TDD environment
* Web Sockets
* Metrics / Logging Tools (Splunk)
In addition, any of the following experience is considered highly desirable
* Financial experience or familiarity with financial products; such as Equities, Futures, FX, Credit, Commodities etc.
* Agile / Scrum
* Management and/or any other Leadership including mentoring
* Accustomed to working with UX, QA, Business elements
* Experience of working in a BDD environment
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in a mathematics or science-based subject; or equivalent working experience.JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans