Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new insights!have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Every single day, people do amazing things at Apple. The Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) position requires a mix of strategic engineering and design along with hands-on, technical work. A successful candidate will have experience in being a Systems Administrator that has moved on to DevOps/Automation in their career. The SRE will configure, tune, and troubleshoot multi-tiered systems to achieve optimal application performance, stability and availability. The SRE will work closely with the systems engineers, network engineers, database administrators, developers, quality assurance, and information security team. For this position, strict application security and high availability requirements must be balanced to achieve optimal solutions.
The successful candidate will be highly self-motivated with a passion for excellence, quality and detail. The SRE will not only support operations, but also work closely with the development engineers within the team to aid in architectural design and assist with the implementation of complex features. Responsibilities of the SRE include the following:
- Passion for quality and automation, an ability to understand complex systems and a desire to constantly make things better.
- Determine efficient configurations for application software, application servers, database connections and indexes, HSM drivers, etc.
- You will be developing and maintaining scripts used for environment monitoring and task automation (Perl, Shell, Python, Ruby, etc.)
- Deploy, support and monitor new platforms and application stacks
- Set priorities and work efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Measure and optimize system performance
- Plan and manage capacity of the systems
- Explore and evaluate new technologies and solutions to push the capabilities forward, getting ahead of customers needs, innovate and continually improve
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively across multiple business and technical teams
- Demonstrate ability to deliver results on time with high quality
We promote innovation and new technology to further improve our creative output! We're looking for a talented and passionate person to join this amazing team, if you feel this is you, we'd love to hear from you!
It's easy, and free! Add jobs from any website! Get recommendations from your friends! Start by adding this job...