As a member of our Software Engineering Group, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. You'll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
We are looking for a strong hands-on (coding) technologist to play a key role on a team building high performing and globally distributed data-intensive application from scratch.
* As a Software Engineer, you will combine your years of proven expertise with your desire to create innovative technology. You'll work with a highly inspired and inquisitive team of technologists who are already developing and deploying applications to the highest standards.
* Working as a software engineer in the Asset Management Integration Team in partnership with the CIB Securities Services technology team to design and develop integration solutions for a successful middle office outsourced delivery model
* Your experience in one or more technology domains will help solve complex and mission critical problems, internally and externally. As a constant learner and early adopter, you're already embracing leading-edge technologies and methodologies; your example encourages others to follow suit
* Knowledge and experience using Kafka is a big plus. Expertise in Avro design, schema registry, partitioning of Kafka topics, exception handling, Kstreams, KSQL will get you productive and contributing to critical deliveries from day one.
* You will be responsible for designing and implementing microservices in Java leveraging a framework like Spring Framework.
* You will write test cases using TDD/BDD approach with emphasis on high maintainability.
* You will participate in code review sessions - peer reviews and group reviews. You will provide code review sign-off for your peers' and team members' code.
* You will demonstrate scalability of your services using mock testing frameworks and other tools.
* Participate in the API design sessions and selection of design patterns that are selected for use by the team.
* Technical documentation of service API (using Swagger)
* Implementing logging, auditability, security, and monitoring features.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* Advanced knowledge of application, data, and infrastructure architecture disciplines
* Understanding of architecture and design across all systems
* Working proficiency in developmental toolsets
* Knowledge of industry-wide technology trends and best practices
* Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals
* Passionate about building an innovative culture
* Proficiency in one or more modern programming languages
* Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance, and software improvement
* Deep knowledge and expertise in Java programming, Spring, Rest services, JMS, Hibernate/JPA, JSON. Any experience with .NET Framework/C# is a plus.
* Experience with Cloud platforms, microservices architecture, Agile Development Methodology required; decision management tools like DROOLS is preferred.
* Experience working through entire lifecycle of at least 2 large complex application build-outs (from scratch) and delivery for either a large financial organization or a top-class technology product team.
* Demonstrated experience building a truly distributed architecture based system, especially involving large data volumes and real-time distribution strongly preferred.
* Knowledge of CI/CD, DevOps tool chain, and a test-driven approach to agile delivery is expected.
* Experience implementing middle-tier data caching solutions (e.g. Gemfire or Apache Ignite) and/or designing/delivering messaging-based solutions (e.g. Kafka,UM , Solace) is a plus.
* Knowledge of working with Oracle or other SQL based database.
* Knowledge of modern architectures based on micro services, REST APIs, NoSQL stores (e.g. Cassandra), and event-based architecture.
* Experience with API Management Systems like Apigee is a plus.
* The ability to build lightweight user interfaces using Angular or React is preferred.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
It's easy, and free! Add jobs from any website! Get recommendations from your friends! Start by adding this job...