Merchant Services is investing in a global leadership position in the rapidly evolving payments landscape with an aggressive transformation agenda under the program name of HELIX. This multi-year, firm-wide strategy will build customer-centric payments solutions for business clients. It's a unique opportunity to build a modern product suite on a cloud-based, big data platform at an enterprise scale. In addition, the agile operating model will co-locate product owners, designers, and engineers to rapidly bring-to-market new product features. As a result, this transformation team will leverage the power of the firm to help clients expand globally with speed, efficiency, and innovation.
To help drive the transformation, JP Morgan Merchant Services is seeking a uniquely talented, operations focused product associate. The candidate will be joining the Operations Architecture Team to design and implement a client-focused, highly efficient operations model that will support Merchant Services platform transformation and global expansion.
This candidate will work closely with the senior architects using their skills and expertise to define, develop and implement an operational construct ensuring internal scalability and sustainability as well as providing an exceptional client experience. The ideal candidate comes from a product or project management background with a strong tendencies towards operational process design. The candidate must have an understanding of the payments industry and an appreciation for the critical role operations plays in providing exemplary client service and support. The candidate must be able to think in terms of "now, next, later"; implementing creative interim processes in the near term while mapping out steps to streamline and automate as an evolution to the target state. Finally, the ideal candidate is a highly-organized and self-motivated team player who can flexibly adapt to changes in priorities.
This position will succeed by delivering artifacts that inform and document operational constructs as JP Morgan Merchant Services transforms platform functionality, expands globally and integrates operations into the Wholesale Payments target state.
Assist Senior Operations Architects with Operational Readiness activities focusing on an evolution from minimal via product (MVP) state to target state, specifically:
* User requirement definition for operations tools and systems
* Creation and maintenance of process flows
* Development and maintenance of operations playbook documentation
* Documentation of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's), ensuring adherence to all required risk, compliance and legal regulations
* Definition and documentation of all required interim manual processes needed to be operationally ready before target state functionality is delivered.
* Presentation of proposed processes to business stakeholders
* Tracking and reporting on progress, risks and recommended remediation
* 3 + years' experience in payment processing or a related field
* Understanding of the payments industry, the merchant value chai and emerging technologies (i.e. API's, SDKs, plugins, etc.)
* Background in Product and/or Project Management; prior work in an operations environment is a plus
* Proven experience delivering in an Agile and product centric environment
* Strong ability to analyze opportunities & problems, recommend solutions, and communicate effectively & confidently (both verbal and written)
* BS degree in business or finance is preferred
* Ability to drive results and evidence with artifacts
* Strong ability to create compelling presentations with a proficiency in PowerPoint
* Familiarity with Jira and Confluence.
* Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written.
* Is a self-starter and can both work independently and productively work in a matrixed organization
* Positive, team-oriented attitude and with an ability to inspire those around them
* Possess ability to think broadly and solve complex issues
* Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, fast-turnaround environment; proven ability to flex with the business priorities
* Strong relationship building skills with demonstrated ability to effectively organize tasks
* Must have the ability to work a flexible schedule as needed in support of international clients and partners in various time zones
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
It's easy, and free! Add jobs from any website! Get recommendations from your friends! Start by adding this job...