What happens when you put your deep experience in database design and management to the test at one of the world's top financial firms? It's time to find out. In this role, you'll lead a talented team, guiding the analysis, design, installation and configuration of large-scale database management systems. You'll own the projects and the processes - from prioritizing tasks and managing scope, to ensuring that all production changes are in line with lifecycle best practices and firm policies. On your best days, you'll uncover innovative ways to automate operations, creating new efficiencies, improving productivity and making life better for your colleagues and our customers. And while the data product is important, this job is also about people. You'll collaborate with some of the best tech minds in the business, sharing knowledge and building a network that spans the globe. In addition to building relationships with other managers and stakeholders, you'll be responsible for coaching and mentoring your less experienced team members, and helping to hire our next generation of technical talent.
Serving as a Hadoop Platform Engineer, this provides a unique opportunity to help shape and influence one of the most strategic big data initiatives within Corporate Technologies. The position will be responsible for the automation and engineering of Hadoop enterprise data management platforms. Based on the business strategy for data & analytics, enterprise data management is creating a robust enterprise data lake ecosystem. This role will require an advanced skillset across a variety of technologies.
In this role, you will be responsible for the following:
* Work on a team of engineers and developers to deliver against the overall technology data strategy
* Ensure enterprise data platforms are standardized, optimized, available, reliable, consistent, accessible and secure to support business and technology needs
* Understand data related initiatives within JPMorgan and engineers optimal designs and best solutions
* Develop frameworks, metrics and reporting
* Stay current and informed on emerging technologies and new techniques to refine and improve overall delivery
* Data Strategy guardian including determining data access profiles (matching use cases to tech stack - not all requirements need to be on BigData)
* Establishes governance and control processes within the cluster
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* 8+ years in a variety of technology - especially Linux, Web, Databases and Big Data (Hadoop)
* Deep expertise in data related tools including latest data solutions (i.e. Big Data, Cloud, In Memory Analytics, etc.)
* Hands-on experience with Hadoop, NoSQL DBs, Big Data warehouses, and insights on when to recommend a particular solution
* Solid experience in standing up enterprise practices for Big Data, Analytics, Self-Service
* Proven track record for identifying, architecting and building new technology solutions to solve complex business problems
* Capable of working with open source software, debugging issues and working with vendors toward effective resolution
* Minimum Bachelor's Degree in relevant field
Required competencies include:
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal in conveying technical design and approach for delivering technical solution
* Pragmatic in his/her approach, delivering incrementally and demonstrating value
* Ability to help train/develop less senior people on the team
* Other competencies: critical thinker, adaptable, self-starter, demonstrates sound judgment
The successful individual will bring the following skills required to meet the demands of this role:
* Proficient with Unix/Linux (building/assembling packages, shell scripts, configuration management and OS tuning)
* Knowledge of configuration management/automation tooling (Puppet/Chef/Salt)
* Solid understanding of Hadoop technologies (Administration, YARN, Hive, MR, Tez, Spark, etc.)
* Experience with Java, Python and API's
* Knowledge of enabling Kerberos and best practices for securing data a plus
* Experience working with Vendors/Open Source in the Hadoop ecosystem
* Knowledge of the open source community (opening issues, tracking issues and identifying problematic issues ahead of time by tracking open JIRA issues in the community)
* Understanding of Networking (tracing, packet capture, etc.)
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
It's easy, and free! Add jobs from any website! Get recommendations from your friends! Start by adding this job...