Working in Application Support means you'll use both creative and critical thinking skills to maintain application systems that are crucial to the daily operations of the firm. You'll work collaboratively in teams on a wide range of projects based on your primary area of focus: design or programming. While learning to fix application and data issues as they arise, you'll also gain exposure to software development, testing, deployment, maintenance, and improvement, in addition to production lifecycle methodologies and risk guidelines. Finally, you'll have the opportunity to develop professionally -and to grow your career in any direction you choose.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* Basic knowledge of application development
* Working knowledge in one or more general purpose programming languages, plus an interest in learning other coding languages and skills as needed
* Working knowledge of development toolset to design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software
* Ability to work collaboratively in teams and develop meaningful relationships to achieve common goals
Incident and problem management
* To update key control systems according to procedure and in a timely manner (within JPM these include Alacrity/ConQuest/ServiceNow)
* To create and update "run book" documentation for the supported applications as required
* To participate in Critical Site Tests for supported applications
* To assist with project UAT testing when appropriate, especially as related to non-functional requirements
* Excellent proven problem-solving skills
* Logical, able to think outside the box
* Good interpersonal and customer-facing skills
* Strong written communication skills
* Flexible, co-operative and resilient
* Able to work effectively under pressure and frequently changing priorities
* Experience - Required:
* Experience with an IBM zSeries Mainframe environment.
* Knowledge of z/OS, JCL, TSO/ISPF
* Proficient usage and knowledge of COBOL/Natural
* Proficient usage and knowledge of DB2/Adabas and VSAM
* Knowledge of CA7 (ControlM/ZEKE - optional) - scheduling tools
+ Experience working with all types of data files including Generation Data Groups, VSAM, Partitioned, and Physical Sequential files
+ Working knowledge of JCL and batch job execution in a mainframe environment including use of Procedures.
+ Ability to learn/use File-AID for browsing file data.
+ Knowledge/experience with SyncSort.
+ Experience with CICS for online application functionality support.
+ Experience with MQSeries communications.
+ Knowledge of NDM/sFTP transmission protocols.
+ Capacity for complexity.
Experience - Desirable:
* Knowledge of relevant businesses such as custody, fund accounting, clearance, securities lending, cash management and alternative investments (e.g. derivatives and hedge funds) or the organizations that use these services
* Previous exposure to application support
* Any non-mainframe IT experience is a bonus
* Additional Information:
* The mission-critical nature of these globally-used applications means that on occasion it will be necessary for the successful candidate to work extended hours at short notice to help see an incident through to resolution.
* To enable an effective response to off-hours incidents a call-out rotation is maintained across the wider team. The successful candidate will be expected to be part of this rotation
* Minimum 5 years' experience
* Understanding of the fundamentals of the financial services and operations industry.
* Effectively leverages knowledge to understand and address typical customer issues.
* Must have excellent organizational skills and verbal and written communication skills.
* Must be able to meet deadlines and adjust productivity to support peak volumes.
* Must be able to follow outlined processes and procedures accurately.
* PC skills (Microsoft office proficiency Excel/Word/PowerPoint)
* Must be able to work in a teamwork environment with a diverse group
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
It's easy, and free! Add jobs from any website! Get recommendations from your friends! Start by adding this job...