To help drive the innovation and products that solve client problems, JP Morgan Merchant Services is seeking a payments and technically proficient product manager. The candidate will be joining the Transaction Optimization and Protection domain to focus on strategy and execution based on client needs in the areas of authorization optimization and data protection. The candidate will work closely with other senior product managers, card brands, architects, marketing, legal and operations to enhance existing products and bring new solutions to market. The ideal candidate comes from a technology or security background with an ability to communicate clearly, multi-task effectively and understand complex concepts. The candidate must have an understanding of the payments industry and an appreciation for the client perspective. The candidate should be comfortable creating and presenting materials to wide audiences and have great time management. Finally, the ideal candidate is a highly-organized and self-motivated team player who can flexibly adapt to changes in priorities. This position will succeed by creating strategy and introducing ideas to meet changing client and industry demands, justifying the work required to execute on those ideas then leading cross functional teams to market readiness.
This highly collaborative position requires an individual who has security, technology or PCI proficiencies and a proven history of successful cross functional team collaboration. The ideal candidate understands that product management is cross-functional and involves business development, strategic thinking, data driven insights, market research, client journey optimization, client interaction, experience design, architecture, resource planning and general awareness of goals versus constraints. The product manager will need to drive the balance between the ideal product and the minimum viable product always thinking ahead for how best to improve the client experience.
Manage strategy and execution for key optimization and protection products coordinating across merchant services and other lines of business. Responsibilities may include:
* Work closely with cross functional partners, and clients to understand merchant/client needs, changes in industry landscape, and help drive solutions that are meaningful for clients
* Ownership of roadmap development through epic creation
* Attending sprint planning, demo review and story creation with technology
* Supporting a set of products, features, or functions, including documentation, messaging, positioning, business models, pricing recommendations so that all stakeholders have access to clear consumable information
* Supporting all controls and compliance requirements and ensuring that all pre and post launch conditions are met in order to release product on time and within budget
* Ensuring product suite is managed end-to-end during all phases of the product life cycle (introduction-growth-maturity-decline-sunset)
* Maintaining knowledge of card brand and PCI guideline and changes that impact the product suite
* Identifying performance metrics and managing to successful outcomes
* Structure and present reporting and updates to senior management
* Be responsible and accountable to the quality of the end-user experience through user-research and other client partnership
* Work with peers and platform stakeholders to prioritize business deliveries
* Execute project goals and milestones, communicate roadmap updates, and provide release status on a scheduled basis
* 3 + years' experience in payment processing or a related field
* Knowledgeable in the area of PCI compliance
* Strong ability to analyze opportunities & problems, recommend solutions, and communicate effectively & confidently (both verbal and written)
* Is a self-starter and can both work independently and productively with a team
* Possess ability to think broadly and solve complex issues
* Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment; proven ability to flex with the business priorities
* BS/BA degree in business or information systems is preferred
* Experience with technical concepts and working with technical staff
* Background in cybersecurity and/or technology
* Experience developing product strategy and establishing product positioning
* Familiarity with Jira and Confluence
* Understanding of encryption and tokenization
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
It's easy, and free! Add jobs from any website! Get recommendations from your friends! Start by adding this job...