As an experienced professional in Business Analysis, you'll shape the technology solutions that drive strategic initiatives across the firm. Working at the intersection of business and technology, you'll interact with colleagues in various lines of businesses to learn about challenges and opportunities, and translate that insight into high-quality solutions. In addition to working with the development team to create new solutions, you'll help optimize existing technology and identify new capabilities. While your role requires deep technological skills - including expertise in everything from data management to functional design - it also hinges on teamwork and leadership. You'll offer clear guidance and feedback to your Business Analysis colleagues, while promoting the values, culture, and brand of JPMorgan Chase & Co.
About the fixed Income Technology team:
Fixed Income Technology team delivers timely solutions using the best design and implementation tools, including Service Oriented Architecture and a Lean/Agile development framework, in order to continuously improve business processes while taking an outside-in, customer-centric perspective.
About the role:
The successful candidate will be expected to perform the role of a hands-on Functional Business Analyst and hands-on Project lead; supporting end-to-end project lifecycle: initiation, requirements analysis, design, build, test, implementation, and post implementation support. Key deliverables include business requirements documentation, requirements analysis and design documents to enable build, test and implementation. The Business Analyst will work closely with internal Application Development feature teams as well as external vendors and must be comfortable with Agile and Waterfall methodologies. This person will interact with project/program/test managers, product owners and leads and support them in a wide range of activities throughout the product and project delivery lifecycle. They will support implementation, training and transition to a production support function as required and will be expected to coordinate and work with technology feature teams.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* Advanced knowledge of business processes and data analysis, as well as the ability to construct complex data queries and collaborate with colleagues
* Ability to liaison between lines of business and development teams, translating strategic goals into technology solutions, and vice versa
* Experience in project management, including scheduling, budgeting, and resource planning
* Understanding of business needs, including how data is used and managed, and functional design
* Ability to work collaboratively in teams and develop meaningful relationships to achieve common goals
* Experience with UI design, software development lifecycle, SQL development, business process analysis, software testing and technical writing.
* Proficiency in understanding process flows and data modeling/usage
* Experience working in an Agile environment with multiple work streams, internal and external teams and within rigid timelines.
* Flexibility to work (when required) in multiple time zones and be flexible in supporting project requirements and implementations.
* Experience defining and designing business functionality based on product strategy, operational needs and other such as technical, infrastructural, regulatory and market needs.
* Ability to gather requirements from various work streams and perform detailed analysis to produce business and technical requirement epics and stories, including assumptions, inputs, outputs, usability, performance expected from the application or business processes and user acceptance criteria.
* Experience defining technical and functional requirements, list of interfaces and touch points, conducting solution assessment of various business modules and conducting feasibility analysis for design and build.
* Ensuring dependencies on other projects and any cross product / platform and line of business impact is captured clearly.
* Communicating with various product/application owners to produce impact analysis and assess changes expected across applications.
* Develop functional or e2e test run books for business areas / processes or specific requirements.
* Establishing / training and ensuring readiness of test, operations and support teams for implementation and production support activities prior to go transition, go-live of new / changed business processes/products, functionality or applications.
* Facilitating walk through sessions and workshops and ensure effective usage of time.
* Experience with Fixed Income markets and/or back office settlement and accounting systems is highly desired
* Experience working with external application vendor is valuable.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
It's easy, and free! Add jobs from any website! Get recommendations from your friends! Start by adding this job...