As a JPMorgan Chase & Co. Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) you will combine software and systems to help us build a world-class engineering function. Working with your team, you'll focus on improving our production applications and systems to creatively solve operations problems. Much of our support and software development focuses on optimizing existing systems, building infrastructure and eliminating work through automation.
Our culture of diversity, intellectual curiosity and problem solving is essential to our success. We bring people together with a wide variety of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We support teamwork, thinking big and taking risks in a blame-free environment. We promote self-direction to work on relevant projects, while building an environment that provides the support and mentorship needed to learn and grow. We are excited to see what you will bring to our team.
* Develop, test and debug automated tasks including apps, systems and infrastructure
* Automate manual operational work by improving products or software
* Troubleshoot priority incidents and facilitate blameless post evaluations
* Work with development teams throughout the software life cycle ensuring sustainable software releases
* Perform analytics on past data, such as incidents and usage patterns for predicting issues and take proactive steps to implement improvements
* Build and drive adoption for greater self-healing and resiliency patterns
* Lead and participate in performance tests, and identify bottlenecks and opportunities for optimization and capacity demands.
* Provide Level 3 production support to applications in production. Handle Code deployments for application releases.
* Split time between operational work and engineering work
* Contribute to around the clock support coverage as needed
* B.Tech degree or equivalent experience in a software engineering discipline
* 5+ years of software engineer with hands-on experience and/or site reliability engineering in the following languages: Java, UNIX, and Oracle.
* Proficient in the development of automated tools, systems and services in multiple technology domains
* Proficient knowledge of one or more infrastructure components such as networking, cloud services, orchestration tools, containerization, compute and storage systems
* Proficient in service-level changes to a system and troubleshooting components.
* Knowledge of cloud-based technologies and tools especially in deployment, monitoring and operations, such as Kubernetes, AWS, PCF etc.
* Experience implementing and/or using Git/Stash, Jenkins, JIRA, and code quality & security scanning tools.
* Developing monitoring tools and log analysis tools to manage operations. Exposure to App Dynamics, Splunk/ Kibana, Elasticsearch/ Kibana would be a plus.
* Experience in Agile development techniques, including Scrum
* Design and contribute to performance monitoring and capacity management tools
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
It's easy, and free! Add jobs from any website! Get recommendations from your friends! Start by adding this job...