Software Engineer/Application Support utilizes both creative and critical thinking skills to maintain application systems that are crucial to the daily operations of the firm. Work collaboratively in teams on a wide range of projects focusing on: incident management, design enhancements, troubleshooting application data issues, software development, platform testing, environment monitoring, application deployment, and platform maintenance while following production lifecycle methodologies and risk guidelines. Majority of our support and software development emphasizes on optimizing existing systems through automation. You'll join a team of curious problem solvers with a diverse set of perspectives who innovate and take risks. In this environment you'll take the lead on relevant projects, supported by an organization that provides the opportunity and mentorship you need to learn and grow.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
Basic knowledge of application development
* Working knowledge in one or more general purpose programming languages, plus an interest in learning other coding languages and skills as needed
* Working knowledge of development toolset to design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software
* Ability to work collaboratively in teams and develop meaningful relationships to achieve common goals
* Advanced knowledge of one or more infrastructure components (e.g. networking, cloud services, orchestration tools, containerization, compute and storage systems)
* Proficiency in service-level changes to a system and troubleshooting components
* Excellent debugging and trouble shooting skills
* Expert in performance monitoring and capacity management of large systems using various tools
* Deep level expertise in instrumentation, customization and usage of modern monitoring toolset such as Dynatrace, AppDynamics, Grafana, Prometheus, ThousandEyes, Splunk, Geneos etc.
* Expert in at least one technology stack (Java/J2EE/C#.NET) with designing, coding, testing, and delivering software
* Exposure to Python and willing to be learn and be Expert in Python Technology for Creating Application Health Dashboards, Machine Learning Projects
* Expert in at least one of the relational database (SQL Server, Oracle, DB2 etc.)
* Working knowledge of Batch scripting, Ansible, PowerShell or Shell Scripting
* Working knowledge of infrastructure components like routers, load balancers and networks
* Comfortable working in Agile mode and proficient in Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
* Solid understanding of object oriented design methodologies
* Solid analytical and problem solving skills
* Attention to detail and time-management skills
* Involve in in Incident, Problem and Change Management processes and tools
* Collaborate across Application Development, Product and production management to establish and maintain Service Level Objective (SLO), Service Level Indicator (SLI) and Error Budget for key Production services.
* Implement required telemetry and observability to monitor and measure the quality of service in real-time against the established SLO.
* Manage, track and validate all changes to the Production, Disaster Recovery environment
* Manage priority incidents and leverage cross-functional teams to quickly eliminate impacts
* Escalate issues/Risks effectively when necessary across supporting framework
* Ability to align IT service offerings with business strategies, goals, and objectives
* Troubleshoot Key technical issues or escalate and work with appropriate technology teams to provide solutions.
* Aggressively respond to service requests from Client facing support teams, Operations partners, etc.
* Manage application and infrastructure to maximize stability and resiliency. Leverage and improve monitoring and alerting capabilities to ensure application SLAs are met.
* Strong focus on automation and processes. Design, implement, improve and utilize key monitoring tools.
* Develop, test and debug automated tasks (Apps, Systems, Infrastructure)
* Troubleshoot priority incidents and facilitate blameless post-mortems
* Work with development teams throughout the software life cycle ensuring sustainable software releases
* Perform analytics on previous incidents and usage patterns to better predict issues and take proactive actions
* Build and drive adoption for greater self-healing and resiliency patterns
* Lead and participate in performance tests; identify bottlenecks, opportunities for optimization, and capacity demands
* Responsible for Production Monitoring expertise and implementing automation components including tools, platforms, process, and policies
* Participate in the 24x7 support coverage as needed
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
It's easy, and free! Add jobs from any website! Get recommendations from your friends! Start by adding this job...