JP Morgan Chase - Wholesale Payment Technology is looking for a Senior Software Engineer who is well versed in AWS. We're looking for someone who will use modern tools, techniques, and methods to develop, modify, or update applications. The Engineer will work with product owners, machine learning and software engineers to design and implement highly scalable, resilient solutions in AWS.
Key Job Functions
* Support the team in the writing of deployment scripts and place strong emphasis in automated deployment, infrastructure automation solutions, and continuous delivery process.
* Work with product owners and other development team members to determine new features and user stories needed in large/complex development projects
* Create or Update documentation in support of development efforts. Documents may include detailed specifications, implementation guides, architecture diagrams or design documents.
* Participate in code reviews with peers and managers to ensure that each increment adheres to original vision as described in the user story and all standard resource libraries and architecture patterns as appropriate.
* Respond to trouble/support calls for applications in production in order to make quick repair to keep application in production.
* Participate in all team ceremonies including planning, grooming, product demonstration and team retrospectives
* Mentor or provide technical guidance to less experienced staff; may use high end development tools to assist or facilitate development process.
* Leverage DevOps tool stack to build, inspect, deploy, test and promote new or updated features.
* May serve as technical lead, architect, project lead or principle developer in course of large or complex project.
* Expert proficiency in unit testing as well as coding in 1-2 languages (e.g. Java, etc).
* Expert proficiency in Object Oriented Design (OOD) and analysis.
* Expert proficiency in application of analysis/design engineering functions.
* Expert proficiency in application of non-functional software qualities such as resiliency, maintainability, etc.
* Expert proficiency in advanced behavior-driven testing techniques.
* Provide expertise for teams in all matters related to deployment, building and release process.
Education Level Required
* Bachelor's degree
Education Level Preferred:
* Master or Other Advanced Degree
Area of Study Preferred
* Business or Computer Science
* Specialized training in specific platforms, enterprise or development tools
* 4 - 6 years of related experience; Highly experienced with Agile practices/methodologies (e.g. Scrum, TDD, BDD, etc).
* 2+ years with Big Date Hadoop cluster (HDFS, Yarn, Hive, MapReduce frameworks), Spark
* 2+ years of recent experience with building and deploying applications in AWS
Specialized Knowledge and Skills
* Experience working with AI/ML/Data Analytics
* Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau, Qlikview, Quicksight, etc.
* Highly experienced in the use continuous integration tools (e.g. Jenkins, Hudson, etc) and infrastructure automation (VM Ware, Puppet, Chef, Vagrant, Docker, etc).
* Develops and maintains scalable data pipelines and builds out new API integrations to support continuing increases in data volume and complexity.
* Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets
* A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets
* Build the infrastructure required to process data from a variety of data sources using SQL.
* Create data tools for analytics and data scientists to optimize data
* Experience working with either a Map Reduce or an MPP system on any size/scale
* Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
* 5+ years of Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala, et
* AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift, Neptune, Athena
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
It's easy, and free! Add jobs from any website! Get recommendations from your friends! Start by adding this job...