JPM Asset Management (JPMAM) is launching a multi-year strategic transformation of middle office with an aim to have a single consistent global operating model that enables economy of scale, reduces complexity, enhances service to global and complex clients, reduces time to market on new product capabilities, and improves quality and timeliness of core data sets. To realize this ambition, JPMAM will partner with CIB (Corporate Investment Banking) Securities Services to transform AM infrastructure for middle office. This role is responsible for the tech program management of Asset Management technology teams' deliverables for this initiative.
As an experienced professional in Project Execution, you thrive at managing complex technology programs that have far-reaching implications for clients, employees, and stakeholders throughout the firm. This role requires a strong grasp of the big-picture - namely, how can technology help achieve business goals - as well as a keen ability to establish priorities, manage resources and budgets, and build and incentivize high-performing teams. You'll work closely with colleagues across the firm to identify opportunities to develop projects and programs that are broadly applicable. Once you and your team establish a roadmap, you'll play an integral role in ensuring that the project is running on time, within budget, and in accordance with firm-wide guidelines, including risk and architecture. Just as importantly, you'll work with your team to set goals, foster collaboration, and promote the values, culture, and brand of JPMorgan Chase & Co.
* Project Execution Lead acts as a Project Manager. You will bring functional expertise in Asset Management data and lifecycle of trades and securities. In addition, you will bring laser sharp focus and attention to details towards project execution, tracking, course correction, escalations, etc.
* Face off to Product team in Operations to ensure alignment between product team and technology team in terms of overall status, risk, and dependency.
* Point person for senior stakeholder communication on technology strategy, project management, demos, and tracking of milestones.
* You will coordinate and help run working group meetings for this initiative with members from operations, technology, CDO, and select others from front office and external parties.
* You will be hands-on in the discovery of investment accounting differences amongst regions and amongst front office, accounting, and custodian/fund administrator views. You will get sign-off on current and target state processes around reconciliation of these views.
* First deliverable will be a proof of concept for a select set of accounts / asset classes / region(s).
* You will also be responsible for assisting the coordination of user acceptance testing, being a point of contact for production sign-off, data migration (from legacy to new world), and lead the effort on prod-parallel, as needed.
* You should be able to build lightweight prototype models in excel / Tableau.
* Project Management throughout the full systems development life cycle using both Agile and waterfall methodologies
* Develop project budgets, tracks actuals against forecast and remains within departmental guidelines for variance
* Drive issue escalation and resolution; risk identification and mitigation and the overall removal of roadblocks that impede progress of the project
* Complete written and verbal status reporting
* Defining, documenting, and communication of standardized Agile delivery processes to be adopted by various teams
* Defining key performance indicators for status reporting and applying strong data analytical skills in order to produce meaningful metrics for managing Agile delivery
* Liaise with management in key stakeholder groups (i.e. Business, Operations, Technology, Risk, Legal, etc.)
* Development and implementation of work plans
* Coordination across various cross impacted teams
This role requires a wide range of strengths and capabilities, including:
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* Expert knowledge in all business processes across an entire line of business, as well expertise in other lines of business and technology disciplines
* Understanding of global and line of business project and program management standards and methods
* Experience working with high-performing teams in complex program execution
* Strong understanding of Waterfall and Agile methods; stakeholder management; budget management, risk management and operations
* Ability to create and maintain relationships with a wide range of stakeholders throughout the firm
* Understanding of Asset Management value chain and corresponding data sets - lifecycles of trades and securities and valuation of holdings. Understanding of investment accounting of equities, futures, fixed income, and derivatives is a plus.
* Experience working through entire lifecycle of at least one large complex application build-out and delivery for either a large financial organization or a top-class technology product team.
* Proven and extensive experience in the role of Project Manager / Program Manager, including experiencce as a Delivery Lead.
* Experience building a truly distributed architecture based system, especially involving large data volumes and real-time distribution will be huge plus.
* Knowledge of CI/CD, DevOps tool chain, and a test-driven approach to agile delivery is expected.
* Knowledge of project management framework and methodologies is expected. Certifications like PMP, PgMP, PMI-ACP, PfMP are a plus.
* Proven leadership qualities as well as high performance track record
* Hands on experience with project management tools such as JIRA, Confluence, MS Project, etc.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
It's easy, and free! Add jobs from any website! Get recommendations from your friends! Start by adding this job...