YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you're passionate about.
What's Important to You Is Important to Us
We're looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them-friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission-making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don't take our word for it.
Require an individual with a minimum 2 or more years DB2 z/OS database engineering experience with expertise in supporting large-scale 24x7 mainframe operational production subsystems including backup, recovery, maintenance, tuning, performance analysis, capacity planning, resource utilization, online reorganization strategy, DB2 utilities, security, and troubleshooting. Demonstrated experience in DB2 z/OS logical and physical database design.
• Minimum 2 or more years DB2 z/OS database engineering experience
• Technical expertise in supporting large-scale 24x7 DB2 z/OS operational production subsystems including backup, recovery, maintenance, tuning, performance analysis, capacity planning, resource utilization, reorg strategy, DB2 utilities, security and troubleshooting
• Demonstrated experience in DB2 z/OS logical and physical database design; including implementation of the designs and all related DB2 objects (sequences, triggers, indexes, stored procedures)
• Expertise in developing, testing and executing DB2 z/OS disaster recovery plans to successfully recover production DB2 subsystems
• Experience in participating in DB2 z/OS maintenance and release upgrades
• Extensive experience in actively monitoring and tuning large-scale production DB2 z/OS database subsystems to avoid unscheduled outages
• Demonstrated subsystem performance proficiency by creating and analyzing z/OS DB2 accounting and statistic reports and making performance improvement recommendations
• Considerable experience in Distributed Data Facility (DDF) applications which access z/OS DB2 databases; including configuration and management of DB2 Connect
• Broad knowledge in the development and tuning of static and dynamic SQL
• Experience in managing data across multiple platforms, including z/OS mainframe and mid-tier WebSphere Application Servers (WAS)
• Must participate in a rotating on-call schedule with other DBAs
• Experience in training/mentoring junior DBAs and willing to train junior members of the database engineering team
• Bachelor's Degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of education, training. and experience
• Understanding of MIPS containment principles and strategies
• Familiar with IBM Db2 Administration Tools for database management, image copies and reorganizations
• Familiar with CA Insight , Detector, and Subsystem Analyzer for real-time and historical performance analysis
• Familiar with IBM Tivoli OMEGAMON XE for DB2 Performance Expert on z/OS
• Familiar with CICS, JCL, ISPF, z/OS, TSO, REXX, FileAid
• Familiar with IBM Data Studio
• Familiar with DB2 Visual Explain for SQL analysis
• Experience in z/OS DB2 Version 12
• Experience with Stored Procedures, LOBs, XML, Triggers, and Data Warehouse concepts
• Familiarity with DB2 UDB and UNIX
• Strong application development background
• Foundation in ITIL
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm
820 Follin Lane, Vienna, VA 22180
5550 Heritage Oaks Drive, Pensacola, FL 32526
141 Security Drive, Winchester, VA 22602
*Due to COVID-19 and social distancing, this position will be temporarily working from home with plans to return to campus at the desired location listed once Navy Federal is back to normal operations. The specific logistics for returning to campus will be determined at a future date by individual leadership*
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.
It's easy, and free! Add jobs from any website! Get recommendations from your friends! Start by adding this job...