What happens when you put your deep experience in database design and management to the test at one of the world's top financial firms? It's time to find out. In this role, you'll lead a talented team, guiding the analysis, design, installation and configuration of large-scale database management systems. You'll own the projects and the processes - from prioritizing tasks and managing scope, to ensuring that all production changes are in line with lifecycle best practices and firm policies. On your best days, you'll uncover innovative ways to automate operations, creating new efficiencies, improving productivity and making life better for your colleagues and our customers. And while the data product is important, this job is also about people. You'll collaborate with some of the best tech minds in the business, sharing knowledge and building a network that spans the globe. In addition to building relationships with other managers and stakeholders, you'll be responsible for coaching and mentoring your less experienced team members, and helping to hire our next generation of technical talent.
* Experience architecting, supporting and implementing advanced, strategic database management systems
* Demonstrated ability to drive Agile development and implement automated process to improve database system reliability
* Advanced knowledge of IT infrastructure, with a background in systems and network administration
* Proficiency in multiple business disciplines and functions and knowledge about the firm's strategic direction
* Strong critical thinking, problem solving and communication skills
* Has worked with Oracle versions 11g, 12c, and 19c a plus
* Experience with database migrations and upgrades
* Has experience with managing very large databases
* Strong knowledge and use of database tools for performance and tuning
* Experience with managing/running databases in a cloud environment a plus
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
It's easy, and free! Add jobs from any website! Get recommendations from your friends! Start by adding this job...