* Site Reliability Engineer responsible for driving scalable architecture, minimizing risks, providing visibility across a multitude of environments, systems and applications while using LeSS principles at scale in a fast-paced environment. You'll contribute to the design and documentation of systems, in collaboration with scrum teams, looking for opportunities to automate away waste. You'll work with scrum teams to troubleshoot complicated systems and applications and will partake in an on-call rotation.
* Collaborate with technical staff to design, configure, develop and maintain an enterprise wide virtual desktop infrastructure solution. Lead efforts in developing the architecture and implementation plan for platform upgrades. Participate in discussions to understand requirements and objectives.
* Develop solutions and maintain automation systems to reduce toil and to run our infrastructure at scale.
* Design and implement application monitoring and alerting solutions to get issues to the right people at the right time.
* Diagnose and isolate issues at all layers of the stack, whether it be code or infrastructure, during development and in production.
* Debug production issues, learn to mitigate them quickly, and find ways to prevent them
* Maintain runbooks for manual tasks and replace those runbooks with automation whenever possible
* Proactively track our capacity, quotas, and other performance limits to plan for growth
* Serve as escalation support for the solution while conducting full knowledge transfer to engineering colleagues
* Create processes, procedures and tools for reporting and visualizing metrics and system health
* Collaborates with multiple teams including engineering, development and operations teams
* Ability to debug, optimize code, and automate routine tasks
* Hands-on familiarity with infrastructure automation and test tools such as Jenkins, Selenium, Terraform, Ansible, Puppet, or Chef
* Experience being an embedded member of an application scrum team, as well as requirements gathering, design, project planning, and implementation of process and tooling
* Strong architectural level of understanding of software, networks, security, and operations, with the knowledge and know-how to influence software and operations design and process
* Experience with software development in one or more of the programming languages (Java, C#, PowerShell, Wscript, Python)
* Deep understanding of Software Defined Services and how to implement 'as a service' offerings
* Good understanding on security implications in the cloud operating model
* In depth knowledge of virtualization, containers, service-mesh and enterprise service bus
* Experience designing REST based APIs to expose and consume services.
* Must be able to occasionally work evenings and/or weekends and/or during change windows outside of normal business hours.
* The ideal engineer will be knowledgeable and well-versed in many of the following areas:
+ Virtualization (VMWare/Hyper-V)
+ Microsoft Windows Servers
+ Microsoft Exchange/Office 365
+ Microsoft Remote Desktop Services (RDS/Terminal Services)
+ VDI Solutions (Microsoft/Citrix/VMWare)
+ Microsoft Active Directory
* Familiar with Agile development process and automated testing
* Experience working across large infrastructure environments and distributed across multiple data centers
* Proficient in multiple business disciplines/functions strategic directions through technology
* Develops mindset for risk and control compliance to departmental and company- wide standards
* Works within standards of financial control and budget management
* Executes within a client centric environment when working with teams and contributors
* Experience in large scale Software development in one or more of the programming languages (Java, C#, .NET, PowerShell, Wscript, Python)
* Comprehensive professional experience working in large scale enterprise environments
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Telecommunications, or related discipline, or equivalent training and experience.
* Enterprise scale and resiliency
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
It's easy, and free! Add jobs from any website! Get recommendations from your friends! Start by adding this job...