Valuation Control Group (VCG) is an independent group within JPMC's Finance department whose primary responsibility is to ensure that the firm's financial assets are appropriately valued. VCG Technology belongs to Finance Technology and is responsible for developing and supporting IRIS - a strategic, market leading, scalable, fully automated technology platform for VCG. IRIS (Independent Revaluation Infrastructure Solution) provides daily revaluation, risk and sensitivity analysis embedded within Front office risk management systems, a fully automated fair value hierarchy tagging and adjustments, a central independent market data database and financial reporting to the business
As a Software Engineer Lead within the VCG Tech team, you will help to lead the development on the IRIS platform, combining software and systems to develop creative engineering solutions to business problems. You will lead and influence a team of curious problem solvers with a diverse set of perspectives who are thinking big and taking appropriate risks. In this environment, you will take ownership of relevant projects to maintain and develop software (both financial and technical), supported by an organization that provides the support and mentorship you need to learn and grow.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* A passion for software engineering quality, and continuous improvement.
* Desire to partner with technology management & business users to incrementally deliver business value through technology
* Proven industrial experience in developing enterprise platforms leveraging Python, Public/Private Cloud and/or UI technologies
* Strong Object Oriented Programming skills (in either Python, Scala or Java)
* Knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
* Familiar with agile development methodologies (e.g., Scrum) and SDLC tools such as Jenkins, Git, JIRA.
* Experience with Test Driven Development in building scalable and flexible software frameworks, platforms and API's
* Leadership experience, in either a Technical Lead role or people management.
* Finance industry experience would be desirable
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
It's easy, and free! Add jobs from any website! Get recommendations from your friends! Start by adding this job...