As an experienced member of our Software Engineering Group, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. You'll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
As a Data Engineering Lead, you will join a team of Engineers and partner closely with Product Owners in an Agile environment to create, test, and maintain data services to move, integrate and analyze data across disparate systems that are aligned to our Technology Roadmap, Code Quality Standards, and Security Standards, while delivering solutions that allow the firm to achieve strategic objectives.
* Ensure the successful design, development, testing, and implementation of web services application components
* Provide leadership and guidance to junior members of the team
* Work closely with other groups, both within and outside of Cybersecurity and Technology Controls (CTC), to coordinate design, development, and testing efforts of assigned application components to ensure successful delivery
* Scale through automation by creating and implementing automated deployment strategies to improve reliability and velocity
* System, network, and application troubleshooting
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* Expertise in application, data, and infrastructure architecture disciplines
* Advanced knowledge of architecture and design across all systems
* Proficiency in multiple modern programming languages: Java, Python, C#, C++, etc.
* Knowledge of industry-wide technology trends and best practices
* Keen understanding of financial control and budget management
* Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals
* Passionate about building an innovative culture
* Over 4 years experience writing SQL,dataframe APIs, custom ETL or relevant large application platform experience
* Experience in software engineering (SDLC) comprising continuous integration, continuous delivery (CI/CD) and ongoing operations (DevOps)
* Experience with Web Services (REST preferred), relational databases (Oracle and MySQL)
* UI/UX design tools
* Business Intelligence and Reporting Tools such as Qlikview, Tableau, Cognos , etc.
* Experience with GraphQL, Node.js, ETL processes, and Hadoop / Data Lake implementations is desired
* Experience with Zookeeper, Kafka, Kafka Connect, Debezium and Change Data Capture (CDC) is desired
* Strong understanding of risk management processes, principles, architectural requirements and engineering threats and vulnerabilities
* Ability to provide innovative solutions, lead positive change, empower others
* Excellent analytical, written/verbal communication, organizational and problem-solving skills, coupled with a strong work ethic
* Ability to work and research/resolve issues independently while sharing best practices and knowledge with colleagues
"High Risk Roles (HRR) are sensitive roles within the technology organization that require high assurance of the integrity of staff by virtue of 1) sensitive cybersecurity and technology functions they perform within systems or 2) information they receive regarding sensitive cybersecurity or technology matters. Users in these roles are subject to enhanced pre-hire screening which includes both criminal and credit background checks (as allowed by law). The enhanced screening will need to be successfully completed prior to commencing employment or assignment."JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
It's easy, and free! Add jobs from any website! Get recommendations from your friends! Start by adding this job...