As a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE), you'll help build a meaningful engineering discipline, combining software and systems to develop creative engineering solutions to operations problems. Much of our support and software development focuses on optimizing existing systems, building infrastructure, and reducing work through automation. You'll join a team of curious problem solvers with a diverse set of perspectives who are thinking big and taking risks. In this environment, you'll take the lead on relevant projects, supported by an organization that provides the support and mentorship you need to learn and grow. As an SRE, you'll be focused on running better production applications and systems.
* Design, code, test, and deliver software to automate manual operational work
* Troubleshoot priority incidents, facilitate blameless post-mortems and ensure permanent closure of incidents
* Engage with development team throughout the life cycle to help develop software for reliability and scale, ensuring minimal refactoring or changes
* Identify application patterns and analytics in support of better service level objectives
* Design self-healing and resiliency patterns
* Design automated software and product upgrades, change management, and release management solutions
* Coach or manage teams as applicable
* Participate in the 24x7 support coverage as needed
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in an software engineering discipline
* Expertise in at least one technology stack designing, coding, testing, and delivering software
* Proficiency in one or more technology domains, may be a cross-domain expert able to solve complex and mission critical problems within a business or across the firm
* Working knowledge of infrastructure components (e.g. routers, load balancers, cloud products, container systems, compute, storage, and networks)
* Excellent debugging and trouble shooting skills
* Hands on experience using large scale software development, preferably in one of these languages: Java, Python, scripting languages
* Hands on experience of GIT, BitBucket, Jenkins, SONAR, SPLUNK, Maven, AIM and/ or Continuous Delivery tools
* Hands on experience in Unix: Linux and Solaris, relational (Oracle, MS SQL DB, Sybase, etc) and non DB technologies
* Knowledge of Load balancing, IP, DNS
* Exposure to new and emerging technologies such as cloud and virtualization
* Exposure to messaging technologies: eg Kafka, etc
* Exposure to Orchestration and configuration management tools for applications
* Familiarity with Agile Methodologies
* Hands on experience building out and maintaining data management platforms/workbenches either in house or as part of a commercial offering
* Experience with infrastructure components utilized in data warehousing or big data environments.
* Excellent communication skills, both written and oral appropriately scaled for senior technical and senior business audience
* Ability to work and effectively prioritize in a highly dynamic work environment that includes a global focus
Our Corporate Technology team relies on smart, driven people like you to develop applications and provide tech support for all our corporate functions across our network. Your efforts will touch lives all over the financial spectrum and across all our divisions: Global Finance, Corporate Treasury, Risk Management, Human Resources, Compliance, Legal, and within the Corporate Administrative Office. You'll be part of a team specifically built to meet and exceed our evolving technology needs, as well as our technology controls agenda.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet youJPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
It's easy, and free! Add jobs from any website! Get recommendations from your friends! Start by adding this job...