The Chief Technology Office (CTO) provides solutions to guide technology across the firm globally, removing inefficiencies and streamlining how we deliver quality solutions. We're continuing to evolve from building next-gen platforms to guiding architectures that unlock their capabilities, automating how we take code from inception to production. We're focused on optimizing how apps are designed for the future, targeting solutions that are portable across multiple cloud platforms to stay resilient, scalable and maintainable. The CTO will drive Modern Engineering Practices across the firm and provide the pathway for technologist to improve their speed, quality, and application development practices.
As part of the CTO organization, GT Site Accelerator teams are being formed at most of the Corporate Centres to help accelerate the effective adoption of JPMC Strategic platforms across our application portfolio.
As an experienced and passionate technology leader, your mission is to lead our GT Accelerator team of SMEs to help drive the adoption of the Modern Engineering Practices whilst creating solutions that improve quality, speed, resiliency and scalability of our technology stack. Your deep knowledge of software engineering, SDLC, tool chains, design, test, and development practices will help your tech centre drive improvements across all lines of business and technology groups. You will get an opportunity to drive adoption of advanced tools and technologies such as JP Morgan Enterprise Toolchain (JET), Public/Private Cloud, OmniAI, Enterprise Data Technologies, API platform etc.
In addition to leading the site accelerator team, you'll also work alongside the GT Accelerators teams from across the globe who are just as dedicated as you are. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally. You will have a deep passion for software engineering practices and a drive to create a strong culture of continual improvement both in the tech centre and the wider GT. Your team will collaborate and influence across all software development groups in the tech centre - resolving technical challenges, running deep dive sessions and educational workshops to help drive towards our target state. You will liaise directly with the tech centre lead, LOBs leads and CTO and GT leadership to prioritize and set the agenda for the team.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* 15+ years Knowledge of industry wide technology strategies and best practices
* A broad understanding of modern programming languages, such as Java, J2EE, Python, Go
* Expertise in application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
* Good understanding of Cloud Native Architectures/Practices
* Knowledge of JPMC Public and Private Cloud (AWS/GAIA/GKP)
* Modern SDLC Practices (SCM, CI, CD, Static Analysis/Code Quality, Vulnerabilities Scans)
* Expertise in Agile and DevOps cultures
* Good overview of the LOB application in the tech centre - technology stack, infrastructures and architectures.
* Ability to work collaboratively in teams and develop meaningful relationships to achieve common goals across the GT family.
* Expertise: Power user of JPMC strategic tool chain and associated engineering practices
* Program management: Overall communication and reporting on site-wide adoption metrics
* Coaching: Provide hands-on coaching to development teams on the effective leverage of strategic tool chain
* Data Analysis: Drive data driven result-oriented approach to tackling delinquencies in the hub
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
It's easy, and free! Add jobs from any website! Get recommendations from your friends! Start by adding this job...