If you have an interest in working on an application that reaches millions of loyal customers on a daily bases, then the Core Android Apps team at Audible might be for you. This engineering team develops the customer experience for Audibles Android App as well as Fire devices, and e-Readers. We strive to delight our customers with reliable, and innovative, ways to listen to books and original programming.
As a Software Development Engineer within the Audible Android group, you can help us innovate, develop, and deliver continued expansion of this much-loved product.
· Collaborate on software development, including concept, design and execution with a high standards of operational excellence.
· Partner with product management to implement, test, and launch software that wows our community and inspires your peers.
· Stay ahead of tools, trends, technologies and standard methodologies, both industry-wide and within Amazon, sharing your knowledge with the group.
· Work on diverse teams across multiple functions and geographic locations.
· At least 2 years of professional software development experience
· Computer Science degree, related credits, or equivalent training.
· Knowledge of data structures and algorithms.
· Experience designing for performance, scalability and availability.
· Enjoy solving complex engineering problems.
· Adaptable, enthusiastic and willing to take ownership.
· You have excellent communication skills.
· Ability to think creatively and adapt the message to the audience.
· Professional experience with mobile development in Android.
· Experience programming in Java or Kotlin.
· Understanding of web services patterns such as REST and other client/server interaction models, and distributed systems.
· Experience with Amazon Web Services.
· Experience with HLS and/or other streaming technologies.
· Experience with Scrum/Kanban/Agile development methodologies.
· Experience with modern distributed version control systems such as Git.
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading producer and provider of original spoken-word entertainment and audiobooks, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
It's easy, and free! Add jobs from any website! Get recommendations from your friends! Start by adding this job...