The Next Chapter program at Audible is a 16- week paid returnship for experienced professionals returning to the workforce after taking time off for caregiving. The program is open to individuals who have at least 2 years of professional experience and have been out of the paid workforce for at least 1 year to focus on caring for a child or other dependent and is not currently in a university program.
At Audible, we are excited to launch the Next Chapter program because we appreciate the skills you can offer, the perspective you provide, and the contributions you will make. This program offers you a chance to revamp your skills, update your resume with new experience, and make connections with other women and men transitioning back to the workforce. It also offers support through Path Forward, a nonprofit organization on a mission to empower people whove been focused on caregiving transition back to the paid workforce.
This program is 100% virtual during the 16-week returnship program. There is a possibility of a full time offer conversion post-returnship. These full time offers will likely be based out of Cambridge, MA and all full-time opportunities will offer relocation packages.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This opportunity is for a Software Development Engineer Returnship on the Data Science Engineering team. This team's mission is to enable Audible to unlock the power of Big Data and Data Science and to run advanced statistical analyses and models. Projects include:
· Testing, Consuming and Hosting Machine Learning models.
· Data Ingestion pipelines.
· Building Full stack solutions.
· Partnering with teams across Audible for building ML based solutions.
We're looking for people who can think big and help guide the organization make intelligent decisions based on data. If this is you, please apply!
HOW DOES AMAZON FIT IN?
We're a part of Amazon: they are our parent company and it's a great partnership. You'll get to play with Amazon's technologies, but it doesn't stop there. Audible is built on a strong foundation of Amazon technology and you'll have insight into the inner workings of the world's leading ecommerce experience. There's a LOT to learn! Your career will benefit from working with teams like Alexa, Search, Kindle, A9, P13N and many more.
If you are excited to own and solve problems, work with a creative dynamic team, fail fast in a supportive environment while growing your career and working on critical services or distributed systems that support millions of customers worldwide, we want to hear from you.
WHAT YOULL GET TO DO
· Contribute to the development of the technical direction and strategy within the team and help influence technology across Audible and beyond.
· Assist in developing solutions, web solutions and services: Envisioning, designing, creating, and supporting our solutions that operate with a high degree of operational excellence.
· Partner with a cross-functional team to imagine, design, develop, test, and launch software that wows our community and inspires our peers. Be willing to explore technical needs and bring problems AND solutions to the table.
· Constantly strive to raise the bar on engineering excellence.
· Take advantage of the resources, training and experts around you to- stay up to date with tools, trends, technologies and frameworks both industry-wide and within Amazon and then share that knowledge in a meaningful way with the community.
WHO YOU ARE:
· A great communicator who can adapt their message to ensure understanding from multiple stakeholders.
· A detail-oriented problem-solver who enjoys the process of scratching beneath the surface to find the best solution to challenges.
· Curious and unafraid to ask questions to gain deeper understanding.
· Adaptable team player who brings their best to every interaction and inspires the same in others.
· Passionate about bringing your skills to Audible while being open and eager to learn new things.
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Knowledge of Spring, SOA and automated testing.
· Open to relocate to Cambridge, MA at the conclusion of the program if offered Full-Time employment post-returnship.
· Experience with React, HTTP/2, PWA, Serverless, Microservices, CI/CD, and cross-platform development.
· Prior use of AWS or similar cloud technologies at scale in a production environment.
· A high-quality bar and a drive of continuous improvement; just-enough documentation, unit testing, code reviews, test automation, continuous integration & deployment and a preference for agile methods.
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading producer and provider of original spoken-word entertainment and audiobooks, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
It's easy, and free! Add jobs from any website! Get recommendations from your friends! Start by adding this job...