Do you want to help shape the future of running compute servers on the Amazon Web Services cloud?
EC2 Security is hiring Software Development Engineers to make the Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) the safest place to do business. You will join our team as an experienced contributor, building the next generation of Operation tooling technology. You will work closely with some pre-release Amazon technologies and build services that handle large-scale, highly available distributed systems.
We look for Senior Software Development Engineers who are passionate about working in cutting-edge technologies, bring deep technical knowledge, experience with distributed systems to drive technical design and implement end-to-end solutions. The ideal candidate for this position is an experienced software engineer excited to work on cloud-scale software and a proven track record of architecting and building low-level software in Linux.
· Be responsible for owning multiple services, architecting them to scale, and have robust unit tests and metrics
· Mentor and lead junior engineers and guide them towards good software development techniques
· Be a leader in the team and within EC2 around cloud security, operational tooling and automation
· Communicating with customers, technical teams and defining technical strategy
· Ability to handle complex projects, large area of scope and complete ownership
· Conduct deep code reviews and find design flaws, and think long-term about driving down operational cost
· Solve problems at their root, stepping back to understand the broader context, and implementing fixes to ensure that an issue will never happen again
· Stay abreast of new techniques, tools, and methodologies used to solve cloud security and Operation tooling problems
If this sounds like you consider joining our EC2 Security and Operations Tooling team. Were a dedicated, thoughtful, fun crew of Engineers who build services and tools. You will work directly with EC2 Security Engineers, Software Developers, Architects and Leadership to design and implement new tools and services at scale.
In this position, you will enjoy a very competitive salary, great benefits, a work environment with an innovation culture, and exciting opportunities to make history, have great fun and be part of the fastest-growing technology company on earth.
Join us in Seattle at our head office; Amazon makes relocation simple!
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
It's easy, and free! Add jobs from any website! Get recommendations from your friends! Start by adding this job...