YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you're passionate about.
What's Important to You Is Important to Us
We're looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them-friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission-making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don't take our word for it.
To lead, design, develop, implement and maintain new IT solutions as well as implement changes and enhancements to existing solutions that align with business initiatives and corporate strategies.
• Provide day-to-day support for assigned Navy Federal development efforts in compliance with NFCU standards, processes and procedures following the System Development Life-cycle (SDLC) or applicable Agile Methodology.
• Identifies, analyzes, designs, develops and maintains cost-effective information technology solutions that align with business initiatives and corporate strategies.
• Analyzes, defines, and documents requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating systems environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external controls and output.
• Provides subject matter expertise and mentorship in developing system software code using commonly known best practices while adhering to NFCU standards and policies regarding software development.
• Responsible for ensuring the security and integrity of all NFCU systems.
• Participates in enhancing performance and availability of designed system solutions.
• Supports/leads the preparation, execution and documentation of development tests and evaluations.
• Supports/leads the preparation and maintenance of all project documentation in accordance with the Systems Development Life-Cycle (SDLC) phases. Mentors team members in developing these artifacts.
• Ensures all revisions and refinements of software account for all changes in functional system requirements and equipment configurations that may occur during the product life-cycle.
• Supports/leads the implementation of systems/applications into test and production environments. Prepares implementation plans and change requests required for system migration.
• Supports and leads team of peers and junior level software engineers through the software development life-cycle.
• Supports/leads the effort to provide technical support to customers during software warranty period.
• Responsible for consistent, concise, relevant, reliable and timely information to all appropriate internal and external stakeholders through a variety of communication channels.
• Supports/leads the training of peers and junior level engineers in new or modified systems/applications.
• Analyze, define and document technical design for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating systems environment, interface with other systems, internal and external controls and output
• Design and code application solutions; integrate changes to applications
• Develop and maintain solution documentation
• Identifying business requirements (e.g. needs, objectives, functions, features, input and output)
• Maintain and monitor systems/applications after implementation
• Prepare test data; conduct unit and string testing; debug code and systems components
• Research emerging technologies and recommend solutions that align with business goals
• Troubleshoot and resolve application/solution problems
• Conduct research and analysis; make recommendations
• Lead tasks including planning and execution for strategic initiatives
• Serve as mentor/trainer and provide guidance and assistance to team members
• Serve as strategic advisor to senior management
• Provide overall leadership to large strategic projects or programs
• Perform other duties as assigned
• May be tasked with the Technical Leader role of a project with the responsibility of full software life-cycle development from requirements analysis to project closeout.
• Works independently, regularly communicating with project stakeholders on project progress and status.
• Responsible for ensuring compliance with SDLC, Application Development, EA, CCRM, DBA, Data, and Security standards and procedures.
• Supports the Requirements Analysts team in the development of the Software Requirements Document (SRD).
• Applies functional knowledge to analyze and resolve complex project solutions.
• Capable of designing, coding, debugging and maintaining complex software solutions.
• Able to communicate complex technical concepts to technical and non-technical personnel.
• Effectively communicates information in line with the target audience experience, background, and expectations; uses terms, examples, and analogies that are meaningful to the audience
• Proactively accumulates and maintains knowledge of current and emerging/evolving technologies, concepts, and trends in the IT field. Mentors others as knowledge increases.
• Provides input on improving or enhancing existing organizational processes based on lessons learned and experiences from project work.
• Performs root cause analysis to quickly identify and resolve issues causing recurring technical problems.
• Ensures accuracy of information communicated to effectively support project leadership decision making.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree in Information Systems Technology, Computer Science.
• Five (5) years plus of recent experience migrating existing Java EE applications to SpringBoot and/or building green field cloud native applications in BackBase and/or SpringBoot for both on premise and off premise cloud environments. This experience should include building cloud applications for Pivotal Cloud Foundry and Microsoft Azure environments.
• Seven (7) plus years of recent advanced experience and programming knowledge in distributed Java, Java EE and Servlets, Struts, JSP, JSF, JSTL, JMS, JNDI, JDBC, JAXB, ORMs (Hibernate, Ibatis, Mybatis), build automation scripts (Maven, Ant) and automated testing (Junit, Mockito)
• Three (3) plus years of advanced experience/knowledge in Web Services, including: WSDL; SOAP/XML based web services, RESTful web services and Micro Services.
• Strong experience with Java Script and scripting frameworks like JQuery, Angular, React.js and Vue.js.
• Five (5) years of technical leadership experience leading software teams through the entire software development Life-cycle.
• Knowledge and experience in using IntelliJ, Visual Studio Code and/or Eclipse as a development IDEs. Recent experience using GIT or GITHUB for source control.
• Strong knowledge of network concepts such as DNS, Firewalls, SSL certificates and protocols like HTTP, HTTPS and SSH. Knowledge and demonstrated experience in building secure applications.
• XML technology experience such as XSD, XPath, XQuery, XSLT, etc.
• Expert experience/knowledge of the Systems Development Life-cycle (SDLC).
• Strong analytical, planning and technical problem solving skills.
• Advanced experience/knowledge in systems, workflow and procedural analysis.
• Advanced ability to prioritize, plan, and organize tasks.
• Advanced interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
• Effective research, analytical and problem solving skills.
• Effective skills in resolving conflicting requests and meeting changing requirements.
• Ability to lead independent teams, exercise initiative and use good judgement.
• Effective Skill in using Microsoft® Office suite: MS Word; MS Excel; MS PowerPoint; MS SharePoint, etc.
• Significant experience in working with all levels of staff, management, stakeholders, vendors
• Expert knowledge of application development including determining, developing, testing and implementing system requirements; designing, coding and debugging applications
• Advanced skill applying innovative approaches to solve technical design issues
• Advanced skill influencing and guiding strategic thinking
• Recent experience using Test Driven development in an agile environment.
• Experience/Knowledge of JSF UI frameworks such as Primefaces, IceFaces or RichFaces.
• Experience with IBM Datapower, IBM MQ and IBM Integration Bus (IIB).
• Familiarity with financial industry.
• Expert knowledge of Navy Federal Project Portfolio Management (PPM) knowledge
• Expert knowledge of credit union operations/processes and procedures
• Exposure and knowledge to agile tools such as JIRA, Pivotal Tracker, and other collaborative tools.
• IT Industry Certifications in good standing
• Effective skills with Microsoft® .NET Framework and C#, VB.NET.
• Knowledge of NFCU operations, processes, and procedures
Salary Range: $105,900 - $160,400
Remote Work Policy: Open and available
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
*Employee may be required to work outside normal working hours to provide technical support during product implementation efforts.
820 Follin Lane, Vienna, VA 22180
5550 Heritage Oaks Drive, Pensacola, FL 32526
141 Security Drive, Winchester, VA 22602
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.
This position is eligible for the TalentQuest employee referral program. Please indicate the employee who referred you when applying.
It's easy, and free! Add jobs from any website! Get recommendations from your friends! Start by adding this job...