An Oracle Data Center Technician will be the technical liaison between the technology teams and the 24x7 Data Center Environment. You are able to troubleshoot and solve all but the most complex infrastructure issues. As a skilled troubleshooter on a wide range of Data Center equipment you understand which issues to escalate to the appropriate resolver groups. You create and maintain documentation on technologies you support. You understand all aspects of the equipment you support. You know how to innovate and make decisions on your own, but also know how to take direction when it is given, paying attention to all details involved. You are flexible on hours and shift schedules to meet business needs. Expected to improve current processes, and introduce automation with aim towards simplification.
Act as technical liaison for our off-site teams. Champion standardization, innovate to simplify, increase efficiency while driving down cost. Ensure that contractors and vendors are delivering quality services and that all SLAs are being met. You will be responsible for executing small projects on your own and working with your manager in planning and executing larger local projects. You will need to understand all aspects of the equipment you support.
Must be able to work long shifts including nights and weekends. Must have demonstrated expertise in enterprise hardware installation, troubleshooting and repair and two or more of these areas:
· Systems administration (Linux and/or Windows Servers)
· Networking (DNS, TCP/IP)
· Programming / scripting (Java, Perl, Ruby, C#, and/or PHP)
· Demonstrated examples of process improvement execution
· Demonstrated examples of a drive to dig into the details of a system or process to solve customer problems
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Strong influencing skills
· Ability to work independently, with little direct management
· Experience supporting large, Enterprise customers in an Operations environment
· Knowledge of data center ecosystem (mechanical, electrical, networking, and structured cabling)
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required
At Oracle, we don’t just value differences—we celebrate them. We’re committed to creating a workplace where all kinds of people work together. We believe innovation starts with diversity and inclusion.
2 years relevant experience in a Data Center Operations roleDefine, design, and implement network communications and solutions within a fast-paced, leading edge database/applications company.
It's easy, and free! Add jobs from any website! Get recommendations from your friends! Start by adding this job...